Trading Strategies Backtesting With Python
What you'll learn
- How to install and set up Python and related libraries used in financial data analysis
- Get financial data for Forex, Stocks and more from different sources
- Essentials of Algorithmic trading and Technical analysis
- Build, backtest and analyse all kinds of different trading strategies and ideas
- How to create from scratch strategy development platform with Python
- Visualisation of data and results of strategy backtest
- Understanding of strategy backtest results as CAGR, Accuracy and much more
- Basic Python knowledge (I explain each step so you can understand what I am doing)
- Basic trading knowledge
Learn how to backtest most of the strategies for Forex and Stock trading. You will build strategy backtest platform from scratch and modify it for different strategies so you can backtest your or others ideas to see if there is any value in them. You will also be taught how to analyse backtest results and visualise important metrics. I will be adding more strategies and better ways to backtest and implement ideas in future lectures.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in algorithmic trading, who wants to backtest trading ideas with few lines of code
I have master degree in civil engineering but since college I have strong passion about markets. I trade Forex and Futures since 2013 and later I added Crypto as well. Coding is not my main focus but I like to see backtesting results of my strategies before I add them to my portfolio. That is why I started to learn Python as a tool to help me with this. I spent countless hours developing my skills on trading and now I want to help another traders to use some of my knowledge. I am sure everyone will find some use of informations and tips that I provide.