Trading Robot Development in MQL5
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to create technical indicators and algorithmic trading programs for Metatrader 5
- An understanding of financial markets and how trading works.
- An idea of order types, Stop Loss and Take Profit levels, as well as lot sizes.
- An awareness of technical analysis and some of the popular indicators used.
- You may find it easier if you have coding experience, but there is a programming basics section.
This course is a beginners course in coding trading programs and technical indicators for algorithmic trading. This could be in futures, stocks, commodities, crypto currencies and Forex.
This course teaches you how to code in MQL5 for the Metatrader 5 platform, this is a free platform with a huge support base and you don't even have to have a broker account to get started (it comes with it's own demo account!).
But crucially, the MQL5 network allows you to create products and sell them, trade and be followed (copy trading) or act as a freelancer (this is very well moderated!). So you don't have to have some magical all winning strategy to earn money, not if you know how to code in MQL5.
Despite the large support network, filled with tons of help, if you are new to programming it can all be a bit overwhelming. This course is designed to give you some basic programming skills to bring you up to speed (if you need it) and then to move on and create some programs!
- A trader that would like to automate their strategies without paying someone else to do it.
- A beginner programmer that would like to tap into the potential income opportunities MQL5 has to offer.
After watching this video, you will know how loops work in programming in general and the different types of loop available in MQL5.
After watching this video you will understand how arrays work in programming and in MQL5 including:
How to create static and dynamic arrays
How to resize arrays
How to assign values into arrays and read arrays (this uses loops from the last video!)
How arrays work in MQL5 for price, volume and time data
This bonus video will talk through some more indicator code including:
How to create dynamic color changing indicators
How to create indicators of different types such as histograms
How indicators buffers work
How to format the short name for a well presented indicator
This might be helpful for this section's assignment!