Fitness & Nutrition (3 - 14 years): LEADERS COURSE
What you'll learn
- Learn the steps to planning and teaching age specific fun and educational fitness and nutrition class to children aged between 4 and 14 years
- Learn about children's anatomy and physiology and what this means when delivering an effective fitness and nutrition class to 4 - 14 year old's
- Learn the physical, social, cognitive and emotional development of each age group and how it relates to delivering a tots 2 teen class
- Learn how to create and teach an exciting activity story that engages children's imagination
- Learn how to plan your class so that it is inclusive for all children
- There are no requirements or prerequisites to take this course. Anyone who wants to teach their own children or other children about fitness and nutrition can complete this course.
- You do not need any prior knowledge of nutrition or fitness to complete this course.
- You will need to have lots of energy, enthusiasm and ready to have lots of fun everyday!
This course been developed for.
Anyone who currently works with children and wants to learn how to teach them about nutrition and fitness in a fun and educational way
Anyone who has children of their own and wants to have the skills and knowledge to teach them about fitness and nutrition.
Anyone who wants to work with children within the health and fitness education sector. This course will teach you everything you need to know to start your dream career educating children about fitness and nutrition in the most fun and rewarding way.
You do not need to have any prior skills or knowledge about childhood development, fitness, or nutrition, as the course will teach you everything you need to know. It will provide you with all of the resources you will need to plan and deliver exciting, fun, stimulating and educational fitness and nutrition lessons to children and young people.
This course will teach you:
The importance of nutrition education for children and young people
The different stages of children's development and the differences between adult and children’s fitness.
How to teach children about fitness and nutrition through fun games and activities.
The importance of learning through play.
How to make a class inclusive to all children
How to build children's self esteem and confidence during a class
How to confidently deal with challenging behaviors during a class
How to plan and confidently deliver a tots 2 teen fitness and nutrition lesson.
You will receive age specific booklets with detailed activities, games and exercises to use for planning your lessons.
This is a fully interactive course, you will be quizzed on your knowledge of what you have learned within the modules. You will also complete a short assignment so you know exactly what you need to do to become a successful Tots 2 Teen fitness and nutrition leader.
I will always be available by email if you need to ask me any questions about the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for anyone who wants to teach children about fitness and nutrition within their communities, schools, nurseries, kindergartens or youth settings
- You might already work with children and want to introduce health education to them in a fun way
- You might be a parent or carer who wishes to learn how to teach health and fitness to your own children or to the children in your care
Hi, my name is Claire, I live in Northern Ireland, I am a fitness and nutrition coach and the creator of the Tots 2 Teen fitness and nutrition class leader’s course. I have been teaching fitness and nutrition to all ages for the last ten years. Before this I worked as a childcare practitioner for over 10 years in various childcare settings and primary schools. It was my love of working with children and my love for health and fitness that five years ago I created a Tots 2 Teen fitness and nutrition class program. After five years of delivering these classes to children within schools and private and community settings and getting overwhelming feedback from teachers, parents, and young people, I have now created beginners fitness and nutrition courses for adults to learn how to teach fitness and nutrition to young people through movement based activities, games and more.
It is my hope that people from all around the world will use the courses to educate children and young people about fitness and nutrition so they can grow to become healthy, happy, and active adults.