Total Barista - Professional Barista Course
What you'll learn
- Making Professional Quality Espresso & Speciality Coffee Drinks
- Using the Espresso Machine and Other Equipment
- Tamping, Dosing and Distribution
- Dose, Yield and Time
- Grinding and Using Grinders
- Dialling In
- Espresso Extraction, Recipes and Drinks
- Milk Frothing, Pouring and Latte Art
- Iced Coffees
- Working in the field, a variety of environments.
- Customer Service and Other Duties of a Barista
- Responsibilities of a Barista, Including Multi-Tasking
- How to Apply for Work as a Barista.
- The Roasting Process and Taste Profiles.
- A desire to be a Barista or a passion for great coffee!
A Total Barista course for all levels of Baristas and Coffee Lovers. Designed and presented by Winston Thomas, a professional SCA certified Barista trainer and award winning coffee professional. “Total Barista” covers all levels of Barista Training, Espresso and Speciality Coffee Drinks. Whether you are starting out, whether you want to improve your Barista skills or you just love coffee this course is for you!
The beauty of this course is that it teaches all the basics as well as advanced Barista skills in simple, clear and easy to understand lessons.
Winston Thomas is a multi-skilled and Award-Winning Coffee Professional.
He has won two National Barista Championships (2017 & 2018), the African Barista Championships in 2019 and has competed at 3 World Barista Championships.
His experience ranges from working as a Barista, Barista Trainer and Wholesale Relationship Manager at some of the best cafes / roasters in the world. More recently he has been working on a variety of projects such as training material for Hotel Groups, Barista Training, Service Consultation. He also involves himself in community development work, using coffee as a means of skills development.
He has received his Specialty Coffee Association AST license to teach accredited Barista Skills courses which allows him to provide systematic and internationally recognized Barista Training. Using this and his diverse experience he aims to provide value and service solutions for those directly or indirectly involved in the coffee industry around the world.
Who this course is for:
- A total Barista course for all levels of Baristas. Designed and presented by Winston Thomas, a professional SCA certified Barista trainer and award winning coffee professional. “Total Barista” covers all levels of Barista training. Whether you just want to make great coffee or be professional Barista this course is for you.
Dale Robinson, a training specialist producer with extensive experience brings you exciting and quality training courses.
Courses that are presented by experts in their field with a passion to share their experience and knowledge.
A dynamic team, all with a high degree of experience, creating high quality, professionally produced courses from people at the top of their game.