- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Wake up every morning refreshed
- Fall asleep quickly, easily and deeply
- Perfect their diet to aid healthy sleep
- Overcome insomnia and difficulties in sleeping
- Apply practical changes and fixes for great sleep
- Use meditation and relaxation techniques
- Understand the different medical and complementary options available
- Not equipment or skills are required - although lots of new tools, foods, and therapies will be recommended
- We'll also recommend keeping a sleep journal, so feel free to start that before you take the course too
- An enthusiasm and willingness to learn and take control of your sleep is essential!
Top Sleep Tips - Practical and Life Changing Sleep Advice
Do you struggle to get to sleep at night, often wake up during your sleep, or feel tired and unrefreshed even after a whole night of sleep? Top Sleep Tips is a practical programme designed to help you take control of your sleep to feel your absolute best every day. If you're finding a lack of quality sleep is affecting your mood, productivity, weight, and happiness, then this course will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
This course is absolutely packed full of practical, budget friendly, and tried and tested advice. Overcoming insomnia need not be complicated or expensive, and by following a few simple changes you will see a dramatic improvement in your sleep quality and overall energy levels. It covers everything you could need: from choosing 'sleep friendly' foods, adapting your exercise routine, incorporating mediation and relaxation techniques, choosing between medicinal and complementary treatments, and so so much more. It looks at lots of real life examples and gives practical tools you can use right away to get better results.
Pat Duckworth is an international speaker, and widely published author, who's been teaching Sleep Techniques in workshops and one-on-one to thousands of people over recent years. She specialises in women's health and is a regular guest at the WI and on BBC Cambridgeshire Radio. This course is guaranteed to keep you engaged and amused, and teach you life changing skills for feeling fantastic.
The course overview includes:
- Discover foods that can dramatically increase your energy levels, and ease of falling to sleep
- What to do if you wake up in the night
- How to overcome insomnia
- Using relaxation and meditation techniques
- Choosing between medicinal and complementary treatments
- Revamping your bedroom envrionment to make it soothing and calm
- How sleep work and why it doesn't always
- Keeping a sleep journal to track down the source
- Adapting your diet to help your body ease into sleep
- And lots lots more!
Start taking control of your sleep patterns say goodbye to stress, fatigue and unhappiness. This course could change your life.... if you let it!
- Anyone who is struggling to get to sleep, wakes up often in the night, suffers from insomnia, or doesn't feel refreshed when they wake up, will find this course hugely helpful
- Helpful for people wanting to understand more about sleep cycles, benefits and optimisation
- Not suitable for those who consistantly feel energised and excited when their alarm goes off
Welcome to the course! I'm so excited to start helping you get brilliant sleep and feel revitalised in the mornings. This course is going to cover a whole range of practical tips and I'm sure you'll find plenty that work for you. Don't forget to download the workbook attached to this lecture.
Let's get into it...
In this section we will be looking at the basics of sleep - why it's important for your health and wellbeing, and what can cause insomnia. Once we understand sleep better we can start to unpick the source of any issues, and then the solutions!
Sleep can make a huge difference to your health, happiness and wellbeing, so in this video we look at exactly why it's so important.
In this next chapter we are investigating what happens during your sleep. The different cycles your body goes through, and different types of sleep quality.
In this section we will be starting to look at your options for solving poor sleep or a lack of sleep. Some of these you might use just for travel jet lag, or others might be needed on a more regular basis. We'll cover options ranging from medication to natural complementary therapies.
In this chapter we will look at whole host of practical tips to help you improve your sleep quality and quantity. Some, or all of these may work for you, but the most important thing is to give them a try and suss out what's best for your lifestyle and body.
It's so important that your bedroom is a peaceful haven where you feel relaxed, welcome and soothed. If your room is cluttered, or has too much technology in, you might want to consider a revamp. You'd be amazed how much difference a new lighting source, or paint colour can make!
Consider very carefully what your routine is like leading up to bedtime. Just as with babies and children, we need a regular and relaxing routine that encourages a smooth transition into sleep and a natural drowsiness. If you often find yourself struggling to get to sleep you might want to look at some the factors in this video.
It may come as a surprise that diet can massively affect your quality of sleep and ability to fall asleep quickly. In this lecture we'll give you huge list of foods you can try adding into your diet to help with sleep. Why not make yourself an evening snack including as many as possible?
A fantastic way to improve your ability to sleep, and quality of your rest is to reduce the amount of stress in your life. Are you doing more than you should, or saying yes to things that should be someone else's job? All of these can contribute to stress induced insomnia, and so in this lecture we'll give tips on taking some of the stress out.
In this section we look at a wide range of mind and body techniques. Everything from CBT to physical relaxation, and meditation, can really help break a cycle of poor sleep. Whether you're suffering from insomnia, can't get to sleep if you wakeup, or are waking in the morning feeling poorly rested, all of these could help.
Another technique you could try for getting to sleep smoothly is a mantra. Here's one that works fantastically for me, and involves wishing good things on all those around you. I often don't even finish it as I'm already asleep!
When you wake up in the night, it's important to try and get back to sleep as possible, but this is often easier said than done. In this video we'll give you some practical guidance on things you might be doing wrong at the moment, and options for improving your chances of falling back to sleep next time.
Menopause often causes issues with sleep due to hormone imbalances, and in this section we'll look at some common complaints, as well as easy fixes.
Congratulations on completing the Top Sleep Tips course. I'm so thrilled you've made it this far and I can't wait to hear all about your progress. Now is the time to go and make practical changes to your lifestyle, and please do let us know in the Discussion Forum any feedback or new questions you come across. I'd love to hear from you.