Top Interactive Wedding DJ & MC Tips
- No prior knowledge is necessary to take this course!
- A DJ controller and software would be helpful in learning the concepts, but not required
In this course, you'll learn how to stand out from other DJs/MCs, interact with any crowd, get the party started no-fail, explode your word-of-mouth business and have a ton of fun as a Wedding DJ. All without being tacky, corny and all-around lame.
Students will learn:
• How to establish yourself as a true professional from the get-go and some common errors to avoid.
• What you can do during cocktail hour to get to know your guests better and start loosening them up to have a great time.
• The ingredients of a very warm, welcoming and fun Bridal Party announcement that sets the pace of the rest of your evening.
• What you need to do with the Bridal Party to get them ready to rock out with you on the dance floor later.
• Some of the best icebreakers you can use to get the party started, without being corny or over-the-top.
• Why you should dance with guests and how to do this to make your guests feel incredibly comfortable with getting on the dance floor. • The Anniversary/Marriage Countdown Dance and how to utilize this icebreaker to get all generations involved.
• The Dance Circle icebreaker along with how to organize it, announce it and get it crackin'.
• The power of vocal encouragements on the mic and the effect they can have on the energy of your audience and dancing.
• Why you should be selective with your weddings to keep things fun for yourself as a Wedding DJ and MC.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to stand out from the crowd of DJs & MCs and take their Wedding DJ service to the next level!
- This course is for anyone who wants to increase their value as a Wedding DJ and be able to charge more for their services!
- This course is for anyone who wants to make DJing enjoyable again and not have to play the same overplayed songs at weddings
- This course is NOT for DJs who just want to make money and can't wait for the wedding to be over.
- 04:01Interaction is the Key
- 02:50Be a Professional from the Get Go
- 02:48Start During the Cocktail Hour
- 01:19A Very Welcoming Cocktail Hour Announcement
- 01:35How to Start Your Party Army!
- 01:08Make a Connection with the Bridal Party
- 02:39Get on the Dance Floor
- 02:23Icebreakers to Get the Party Started
- 05:21Start With a Slow One
- 03:39Your Next Step: Our Interactive DJ & MC Masterclass
DJ. Entertainer. Marketer. Adventurer. Karaoke Freak.
This 30-year-old music-crazed, people-loving guy has been in Marketing for over 12 years with experience in sales, events, web design, social media and guerilla marketing. Add on to that a career as a professional Wedding DJ & MC and you get a deadly combo. :)
He loves to enlighten and empower others and entertain while he's doing it. He loves to help others have a blast, rap some Macklemore karaoke-style and adventure whether it be rock climbing, mountain biking, etc.
Hey there! I'm DJ Tommy Pirone. I have over 10 years of experience in the music and entertainment industry. My passion for music started on piano at the age of 11, in middle school I dabbled in trumpet, and then I switched to drum set and singing when Blink 182 and System of a Down were popular in school (our band rocked the 8th grade dance...oh yeah!). In college, my professor dressed up in a full Easter Bunny outfit one day and announced he was starting a special studies DJ class (deadmau5 put him up to it). I joined this class and fell in love with DJing. After graduating college with a degree in music I started my own company, Pirone Entertainment. I've been a full-time Wedding DJ Professional ever since. Pirone Entertainment is located an hour north of Atlanta, GA in a beautiful wedding destination town called Dahlonega. Nice to meet you!