Tools of Practice – Sleep Medicine
What you'll learn
- Sleep Medicine 101 - Learn to assess sleep issues in your patient
- Insomnia - Learn to assess insomnia, understand concepts and consider treatment options.
- Sleep Apnea - Assess and test Sleep Apnea in typical and atypical patients.
- Sleep Apnea - Treatment and management, including treatment alternatives, CPAP troubleshooting tips.
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders & Restless Leg Syndrome - Understand concepts and treatment options for Circadian Rhythm Disorders and Restless Legs Syndrome
- Members of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Anyone with a healthcare background i.e. MD, medical resident, PA, NP student
American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) certified CE course on Sleep Medicine, with Avinesh S Bhar, MD.
This course is accredited by the AANP for continuing education hours, providing five (5) hours upon completion of a nine (9) question quiz.
In this course, you will learn the basics of Sleep Medicine, and how to properly assess your patients for sleep-related issues. In addition to the basics, you will also learn about common conditions like Insomnia, Sleep Apnea, Restless Legs Syndrome, and more. Dr. Bhar will go into great detail about how to diagnose, manage, and treat these common sleep disorders.
Leverage accessible technology to more effectively treat your patients with sleep testing software, and understand the current trajectory for these treatment methods. Learn about how common sleep disorders manifest in both typical and atypical patients, and how to address either scenario. See how far-reaching and invasive a sleep disorder can be for your patient, and how to identify sleep disorders at the heart of seemingly unrelated symptoms. These are essential tools of practice for any sleep medicine specialist, or medical doctor that would like to expand their knowledge of sleep disorders.
Join Dr. Avinesh Bhar for over five hours of video content as he explains his approach to Sleep Medicine.
Who this course is for:
- Medical doctors, dentists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants
Dr. Bhar is a fellowship-trained and board-certified in sleep and pulmonary medicine. He has been in practice for over seven (7) years following the completion of his fellowships at Washington University in St Louis and the University of Tennessee, Memphis. He also holds a MBA from the University of Chicago.