Tomato Green House Farming
What you'll learn
- Learn about proper growing regions, farm set-up and seed selection.
- Understand proper nursery set-up and management to ensure maximum germination.
- Learn about the various development stages (transplanting to harvest), crop care and proper management practices to ensure maximum output.
- Understand the economics and cash needs of the business and how to prepare to source a reliable market.
- Learn the advantages of farming tomatoes in a green house environment.
- Learn about the economics of production for green house tomato production.
- No requirements needed, just an open mind.
The information provided in this course will give you the required knowledge and techniques to successfully become a Tomato farmer. At the end of this course, you will understand the fundamental aspects of tomato production in a greenhouse environment and will be ready to grow or improve your farm!
What will you learn?
THE BASICS - Learn about proper growing regions, farm setup and seed selection.
NURSERY DEVELOPMENT - Understand proper nursery setup and management to ensure maximum germination.
TOMATO DEVELOPMENT STAGES - Learn about the various development stages (transplanting to harvest), crop care and proper management practices to ensure maximum output.
ECONOMICS & MARKETS - Understand the economics and cash needs of the business and how to prepare to source a reliable market.
Advantages of greenhouse production
Site and seed selection
Water and drip irrigation
Air circulation in a greenhouse
Nursery bed preparation
Different growth stages and how to manage them
Maturity and harvesting
Economics of production
"The course is interesting and interactive. Easy to learn and understand. It's designed to help farmers and startup farmers to gain knowledge about Greenhouse farming."
Adeniji - Nigeria
"I now understand why my tomatoes were not growing well. However, after applying the lessons, I am seeing much better harvests."
Abdirahman - Kenya
Who this course is for:
- An existing farmer who wants to improve their tomato farm and make more profits.
- A soon-to-be tomato farmer who wants to get things done right the first time.
- You are dreaming of becoming a tomato farmer and want to learn as much as you can before taking the leap.
eLengo develops the next generation of agribusiness owners across sub-Saharan Africa and beyond by providing online training through all areas of the agriculture value chain - crops, livestock, business skills and value addition. Our goal is to improve the economic prospects and livelihoods of our students.
All of our instructors are certified experts and practitioners in their field, and our courses are filmed on real farms so you can see actual demonstrations and examples of the course material.