TOEFL Speaking Success in 90 Minutes
- An intermediate level of English proficiency
How’s your English?
For many English language learners, speaking is the hardest part. You can read and write in English at school in your native country. You can listen to actors in American movies at home. Speaking, on the other hand, requires you to engage with another person from another culture, and that can be scary.
Do you want to travel, go to university abroad or further your career?
English dominates your world. It’s inescapable. If you want to travel abroad, you need to be able to speak English. If you want to study at a top-notch university, you must be fluent in English. If you want to gain a leg up in the job market, English competency is a must.
What’s the TOEFL exam?
The TOEFL, Test of English as a Foreign Language, is an academic proficiency exam designed to determine whether international students are competent enough in English to enroll in American college courses. There are four sections in the TOEFL exam: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing. This courses focuses solely on the speaking section.
Why should I take the TOEFL exam?
Concrete proof of English competence
TOEFL AND IELTS are the two most widely-accepted English proficiency exams
More than 9,000 colleges, universities and agencies in over 130 countries accept TOEFL scores
TOEFL scores can also help you earn scholarships, visas and teaching certificates
Besides teaching about the content of the exam, I also focus on you, the English language learner. Our goal should not just be to improve our TOEFL speaking score, but to become more competent English speakers in general. For you to speak English with more confidence, we’ll talk about mindset and culture.
By the end of this course, you will have gained a deeper understanding of the structure of academic English and the power of a growth mindset.
Who this course is for:
- International students preparing for the TOEFL exam
- Intermediate and advanced English language learners
- 03:03First Steps in Your TOEFL Speaking Journey
- 00:18Your Mindset
- 08:30TOEFL Speaking Question 1, Part 1
- 07:52TOEFL Speaking Question 1, Part 2
- 05:26TOEFL Speaking Question 2, Part 1
- 06:38TOEFL Speaking Question 2, Part 2
- 07:06TOEFL Speaking Question 3, Part 1
- 07:16TOEFL Speaking Question 3, Part 2
- 3 questionsThe TOEFL Speaking Section, Quiz 1
- 07:40TOEFL Speaking Question 4, Part 1
- 08:17TOEFL Speaking Question 4, Part 2
- 08:25TOEFL Speaking Question 5, Part 1
- 05:19TOEFL Speaking Question 5, Part 2
- 07:47TOEFL Speaking Question 6, Part 1
- 06:54TOEFL Speaking Question 6, Part 2
- 3 questionsThe TOEFL Speaking Section, Quiz 2
- 02:52Next Steps in Your TOEFL Speaking Journey
Josh MacPherson is the head instructor, presenter, and curriculum developer at TST Prep. As of September 2021, his TST Prep Youtube channel has amassed over 200,000 subscribers. His Emergency Course for the TOEFL® on Udemy has enrolled thousands of students from over 100 countries and, at the time of writing, has earned a 4.6/5 star rating.
After earning a Bachelor’s degree in secondary education and a Master’s in ESL Curriculum and Instruction, he served as academic coordinator of the Intensive English Program at ASA College in midtown Manhattan and as the coordinator of the Corporate Sales Division for Shane Schools in Kansai, Japan. He now devotes much of his time to creating content, studying Japanese, and spending time with his wife and their three children.