TOEFL Speaking Success in 90 Minutes
- An intermediate level of English proficiency
How’s your English?
For many English language learners, speaking is the hardest part. You can read and write in English at school in your native country. You can listen to actors in American movies at home. Speaking, on the other hand, requires you to engage with another person from another culture, and that can be scary.
Do you want to travel, go to university abroad or further your career?
English dominates your world. It’s inescapable. If you want to travel abroad, you need to be able to speak English. If you want to study at a top-notch university, you must be fluent in English. If you want to gain a leg up in the job market, English competency is a must.
What’s the TOEFL exam?
The TOEFL, Test of English as a Foreign Language, is an academic proficiency exam designed to determine whether international students are competent enough in English to enroll in American college courses. There are four sections in the TOEFL exam: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing. This courses focuses solely on the speaking section.
Why should I take the TOEFL exam?
Concrete proof of English competence
TOEFL AND IELTS are the two most widely-accepted English proficiency exams
More than 9,000 colleges, universities and agencies in over 130 countries accept TOEFL scores
TOEFL scores can also help you earn scholarships, visas and teaching certificates
Besides teaching about the content of the exam, I also focus on you, the English language learner. Our goal should not just be to improve our TOEFL speaking score, but to become more competent English speakers in general. For you to speak English with more confidence, we’ll talk about mindset and culture.
By the end of this course, you will have gained a deeper understanding of the structure of academic English and the power of a growth mindset.
- International students preparing for the TOEFL exam
- Intermediate and advanced English language learners
- First Steps in Your TOEFL Speaking Journey03:03
- Your Mindset00:18
- TOEFL Speaking Question 1, Part 108:30
- TOEFL Speaking Question 1, Part 207:52
- TOEFL Speaking Question 2, Part 105:26
- TOEFL Speaking Question 2, Part 206:38
- TOEFL Speaking Question 3, Part 107:06
- TOEFL Speaking Question 3, Part 207:16
- The TOEFL Speaking Section, Quiz 13 questions
- TOEFL Speaking Question 4, Part 107:40
- TOEFL Speaking Question 4, Part 208:17
- TOEFL Speaking Question 5, Part 108:25
- TOEFL Speaking Question 5, Part 205:19
- TOEFL Speaking Question 6, Part 107:47
- TOEFL Speaking Question 6, Part 206:54
- The TOEFL Speaking Section, Quiz 23 questions
- Next Steps in Your TOEFL Speaking Journey02:52
Josh MacPherson is a seasoned English language teacher who conducts classes and creates materials for motivated English language learners. He is the head instructor at TST Prep and TOEFL Speaking Teacher, two online schools focused on TOEFL preparation. As of early 2019, his TST Prep Youtube channel has over 30,000 subscribers and his TOEFL Speaking Success courses on Udemy have enrolled over 25,000 students from more than 120 countries. He has served as academic coordinator of the Intensive English Program at ASA College in midtown Manhattan and as the coordinator of the Corporate Sales Division for Shane Schools in Kansai, Japan. His videos have garnered over a million views on Youtube and his courses have received hundreds of 5-star ratings. His current website, TST Prep, is visited by hundreds of students daily. When Josh isn’t teaching students or developing content, he enjoys spending time with his wife Naomi and their two children, Lea and Jin.