TOEFL Prep for Spanish Speakers
What you'll learn
- This course will help you improve your paper-based TOEFL score while improving grammar and writing skills for the iBT essays. It also makes a good advanced grammar class, especially for prospective English teachers.
- Two complete practices tests are made available to measure your progress.
- You should have an upper-intermediate level in English to progress well in this advanced course.
- Note: the program is for Spanish-speaking students and many explanations are given in Spanish, but most of the text book and class audio is in English
- A downloadable eBook, "TOEFL Prep for Spanish Speakers", a $26. value, is included with course (or you can purchase a "real" book at Amazon or other outlets before starting.)
- After the intro., check out the free, 4-class preview & give it a try!
This course is taught by Greg Britt, author of TOEFL Prep for Spanish Speakers. A copy of that book, a $26 usd value, is included. Go to Amazon and check details (& positive reviews). You will work through the entire book as you listen Britt's audio recordings, just as he teaches in his live classes. The program addresses typical problem areas that Spanish-speaking students have. This course is for ITP, PBT, pre-iBT TOEFL and makes a good advanced grammar course (perfect for prospective English teachers). This program will improve your writing abilities (very helpful for iBT essays). It's a great opportunity to study with the author of over 15 TOEFL prep text books. Britt is the Director of Britt Servicios Lingüísticos, an institute in Mexico City that has specialized in TOEFL prep for over twenty years. Includes 90 practice exercises, 22 mini-TOEFL exams with review, 11 useful appendices, supplements for the Listening section and Written Essay, Answer Key, 2 complete practices tests.
Who this course is for:
- Students who are planning to take the ITP (Institutional), PBT (paper-based) TOEFL exam.
- It is unusual to have students under 20 years old in this program. This is also a good pre-iBT (official TOEFL) course. Since it's grammar-based, it really improves writing skills for the iBT essays.
Greg Britt, is the author of "TOEFL Prep for Spanish Speakers" & 15 TOEFL prep text books. Please see books and great reviews at the Amazon site. Britt has directed Britt Servicios Lingüísticos for over 20 years, where he has specialized in teaching TOEFL prep classes. Prior to this he was an English professor at ITESM, The Technological Institute of Superior Studies of Monterrey, in Mexico City. When Britt is not teaching, he also enjoys gastronomy and has written a restaurant review article for several newspapers, including the Miami Herald. He will soon complete his firs novel.
If you can't be in Britt's live classes, this program is the next best thing! The audios that accompany the text are delivered just like his live classes. Plus, he's available, via email, to help you and answer any questions you might have as you work through the course.
Alejandro Contreras, who teaches Spanish at Britt, edited the Spanish text in TOEFL Prep for Spanish Speakers.