English Verb TO HAVE: know the present tense + speak quickly
What you'll learn
- You will be able to quickly conjugate the verb TO HAVE in the simple present tense and use the verb correctly in sentences.
- You will be able to quickly produce the correct verb conjugation when speaking--without pausing or translating the words in your head
- You will master the correct pronunciation of the word "have" without using the /f/ sound and your overall speech clarity and enunciation will improve
- You will improve your listening, reading, and speaking skills with plenty of oral and written practice exercises
- You will improve your conversational skills with dialogues and conversations to help you practice asking and answering questions in the proper way..
- This course is for Beginner English language learners who already have a basic vocabulary and understanding of sentence structure, but who want to be able to QUICKLY produce the proper verb conjugation when they are speaking. If you are still pausing in your sentences to try and think of the correct verb conjugation to use or if you are pausing and translating words in your head, this course will help you stop pausing and start using the verb TO HAVE in the simple present tense naturally, automatically, without thinking about it--just like native English speakers do. I teach you how to conjugate the verb, how to pronounce the word "have", how to use the verb in affirmative and negative statements, and how to form questions. I provide written exercises for you to reinforce what you learn. And we work together in the speaking drills to practice using the verb TO HAVE in the present tense until it is easy and automatic and you are shocked at how naturally you are speaking. You will learn some vocabulary that you can use in the practice exercises and because I do not speak every language, you should have an English-your language dictionary available or access to a translation app like Google Translate or Deepl so that you'll be able to properly translate and understand the vocabulary we're using. The only other thing you will need is a place where you can watch the videos and speak out loud. Speaking out loud is very important in this class. You cannot "think" about the words when we are practicing. You must speak them out loud to yourself, or your cat, or your favorite toy. You can do this. I can help you.
If you're learning English, what you want most of all is to be able to engage in a natural conversation in English, without pausing in the middle of your sentence to think about what the proper conjugation of the verb you want to use should be. You want to be able to say the right word quickly, without even thinking about it. Just like you do in your own language.
By the end of this mini-course, you will be able to QUICKLY produce the correct verb conjugation of the verb TO HAVE in the simple present tense when you speak. The lectures, practice exercises, and speaking drills are designed to improve your conjugation and speaking skills so that you will not need to stop in the middle of your sentence to try and remember what word to use. You will be able to immediately produce the proper form of the verb automatically, just like a native English speaker.
You will learn how to use the verb TO HAVE in affirmative statements and negative statements.
You will also learn a different, but very common way to express the same meaning as TO HAVE using the more informal phrase TO HAVE + got.
You will learn how to form questions with the verb TO HAVE.
And you will practice using the verb TO HAVE and the phrase TO HAVE + got until they become as natural for you to use as your own language.
You will also learn some new vocabulary words as we practice using the verb TO HAVE in sentences.
Who this course is for:
- If you're ready to stop pausing when you speak to try and think of the correct verb conjugation to use and then stumbling through your sentences unsure if you're doing it right, this is the right course for you. We focus on one verb in the present tense. This course covers the verb TO have in the simple present tense and you will learn how to conjugate and use it without pausing or thinking or translating it in your head. Just like a native English speaker does.
Hi! I'm Mona and my mission is to help you develop your English language speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills so that you can properly, naturally, and easily communicate with native English speakers.
I'm a native English speaker (from the United States) with a university degree in Speech Communications and a Certificate in English Language Teaching for Adults (CELTA). I have 6 years of experience teaching English as a second language, both in person and in an online classroom. I've worked with all kinds of students, from children to young adults to business professionals.
Although I've taught students at all levels, my courses are designed for beginner and upper beginner level students. I love helping beginner students master the basics of the language, build a solid learning foundation, enjoy the learning process, and feel the sense of accomplishment when they are able to produce the language easily and automatically.
My teaching method combines the way children learn languages with the grammar and pronunciation instruction and structure that suits an adult style of learning.
In my courses you will:
•Learn beginner or upper beginner level grammar. The goal is to help you develop fluency and be able to listen to, speak, and read English without needing to translate the words and sentences in your head from your native language into English.
•Practice the grammar. A lot. You will have instruction and then you will have practice exercises to complete.
•Practice speaking out loud, using the grammar you are learning. This is important. You cannot learn English by thinking about it in your head. In my courses, you must speak out loud. You must speak out loud even if you feel silly talking out loud to yourself. Don't let feeling silly hold you back from being successful.
•Practice listening to a native English speaker using the grammar. As a language learner, I find that listening and understanding a native speaker is sometimes harder than speaking. The instructional portions of the course will be taught at a slower pace to help you understand. But you will have practice exercises that you will complete at both a slower speed and a “normal” speed.
•Develop confidence in your ability to learn English. You can do this. I can help.
If you want to improve your English skills and you want an instructor who will teach you what you need to know AND help you practice a skill over and over again until you get it perfect every single time, then enroll in one of my courses today.