Tiny House Design Part 4 - Custom Design
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Start the design of their own custom tiny house.
- Answer the big questions of how to design each space in their tiny house
- Understand whether they should buy, hire or design their own tiny home.
- Be able to design in plan and think in elevation of their own tiny home.
- Know their options for selecting doors and windows in their home and how these can impact the feel of their space.
- Have a good understanding of the pros and cons of various finish materials both inside and outside their tiny home.
- Students should bring an open mind and their curiosity of tiny houses!
This is going to be a conversation about how to design your own tiny house. Fact is tiny houses HAVE to be suited for their occupants, there is no 'one-size-fits-all' but there are things to consider and think about in your daily life. I will share some of the important questions to ask yourself, some things to consider and give you some general rules and background of design to help make the appropriate decisions. Design is daunting but it's also systematic and with tiny houses, form really does follow function, there are reasons that one strategy makes sense over others. In addition to talking about the design of the actual house I will touch on designing your lifestyle!
There are approximately 2 hours of information relating to design, materials, and processes - as it applies to tiny homes. This course is formatted to provide the information relevant to you and enable you to make the best decision for yourself. If you are excited about tiny houses and how they may empower you this course is for you!
- This course is for all of those interested in learning the options and opportunities when it comes to transitioning to a tiny house
- This course is for those in the beginning stages of understanding all of the decisions that go into your own tiny home.
- This course is probably not for you if you are looking for in depth 'how-to' information on the steps to building your own tiny home.
- This course if for those looking to learn more about the tiny house movement and if it is right for you!
In this section I go over the basics of tiny house design and how it differs from specifying and decorating.
It is important to think about your tiny house in 3 dimensions, not just in plan, in this section I will walk you through the pieces to think through and offer advice on how to effectively design your home in 3D.
A big part of this is your roof style, there are a lot of types of roofs and reasons to go with each one, we will talk through the common roof styles and why you may wish to choose one over the others