Tiny House Design Part 3 - Utilities and Systems
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the options you have to hook up to power, water and sewer in your tiny house.
- Understand the pros and cons to various fixtures in your tiny house.
- Choose the right type of toilet for your tiny house based on the pros and cons of all the options.
- Have a very basic understanding of the options you have electrically in your tiny home.
- consider safety options and measures for your tiny house.
- Have a good understanding of the methods you can use to heat and cool your tiny home.
- Understand the methods of waste water management for your tiny house including both grey and black water management.
- Students should bring an open mind and their curiosity of tiny houses!
This is going to be a conversation about the utilities and hookups available for tiny houses including pros and cons of each. I will talk about on-grid, off-grid and self contained options when it comes to water, sewer and electric as well as a basic intro to wiring and plumbing.
I will go through all the fixtures and options as far as plumbing, heating and cooling your tiny house. This will be the one where we talk at length about toilets and all the options there ;-).
There are approximately 2 hours of information relating to utilities, fixtures and systems as they apply to tiny homes. This course is formatted to provide the information relevant to you and enable you to make the best decision for yourself. If you are excited about tiny houses and how they may empower you this course is for you!
- This course is for all of those interested in learning the options and opportunities when it comes to transitioning to a tiny house
- This course is for those in the beginning stages of understanding all of the decisions that go into your own tiny home.
- This course is probably not for you if you are looking for in depth 'how-to' information on the steps to building your own tiny home.
- This course if for those looking to learn more about the tiny house movement and if it is right for you!
In this portion I go over the plumbing types and options in a tiny house including off grid, self contained and grid tied. I talk about what most people choose to do and why. I define all of the steps to consider and define the water path through your tiny home.