TILOS - Linear Projects Scheduling
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the benefits and advantages of linear projects scheduling
- Planning and scheduling linear infraestructural projects
- Controlling projects with TILOS
- In order to learn to manage TILOS, you will only need the "demo" version, which is entirely free. If you do not have it, there is no problem, because within the first lessons you will be taught to unload and install it.
Description of the course
For years, linear project schedulers have had as support different tools not designed to schedule and control projects as highways, pipe lines, railways, transmission lines, etc.. They have been using softwares such as Excel, Autocad or even CPM solutions, without good results.
Today, we have TILOS (Time Location System), an exclusive application to schedule linear projects. This software is based in time-location diagrams, also known as linear scheduling method, time chainage, march chart, line balance or french diagram, according to the country where the user is located.
TILOS is the most recognized software all over the world to schedule these type of projects; therefore, learning it means to obtain a specialization well considered by companies which use this as a standard tool in their projects.
With more than 10 years of experience as a trainer in project controls and 20 as a professional related to this field, I assure you that by the end of the course you will be able to develop yourself with this tool in an efficient way.
What do you get?
- HD quality videos, access 24/7
- Selection of subjects, and a practical and didactic training, from an instructor who uses the software everyday in real projects, and not only a theoretical teacher.
- Workshop following the entire project, not isolated topics
- Post training support, via e-mail, to clarify any doubt
- Project controllers
- Everyone interested in learning more about scheduling time-location diagrams.
- Engineers, planners, schedulers, projects controllers, estimators.
You will know what Time-Location diagrams are, the heart of Tilos. Theoretical concepts and a first approach to the software.
You will also understand why traditional softwares are useless to linear projects and why Tilos is a specially designed tool for these kind of projects.
Linear projects have activities with a sole location, that is why creating located activities is a must. In Tilos we call these activities "stations" or stationary tasks, and they must be inserted in a particular way.
In this lesson I will teach you some hints for a better presentation.
In traditional CPM softwares we are familiarized in using time lags. In Tilos, due to linearity feature of the projects, we can also use distance lags.
For instance, for a task we can schedule it to begin after its successor has advanced 200m; amazing, isn't it? The ones who have ever planned a highway construction would understand this. Everybody will understand the concept and use of distance lag after this lesson.