Thawing the Inner Family of Self
What you'll learn
- If you are a professional helper, add state of the art therapy tools to expand your toolbox
- Overcoming long-standing emotional problems and abandonment issues
- Be able to co-create and maintain healthy relationships with others
- Develop a healthy relationship with self and increase self-awareness tenfold
- Improve Self-Esteem & Confidence
- Reduce or eliminate ineffective patterns of self-talk or behavior
- Have access to these tools for life as a resource for ongoing personal evolution
- Prerequisitie training & Materials Included in the course
In the Thawing Your Inner Family of Self program I've blended the most useful and effective techniques I have learned in my almost 30 years of clinical experience. This multi-media course has a dual purpose:
1. It is designed for those who want to overcome Family of Origin Issues such as growing up in a less-than-nurturing family such as abandonment issues, codependency, PTSD, dysfunctional relationships, low self-esteem, chronic depression, etc.
2. It is designed to teach other counselors and coaches these very powerful and effective techniques for helping their clients too. The program is also a great compliment to any helping process by providing structure and tools for use with clients.
I combined the classics with some of the newest, most powerful personal transformation technologies available today to create this interactive process for Overcoming Childhood Trauma, personal healing and development. These include Gestalt psychology, Ego-State therapy, Inner Family Systems Therapy, Precision Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Transactional Analysis, Inner Child work, Parts Integration, Hypnosis, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Schema Therapy, and many other models. This, of course, includes at the very core my own Iceberg Model.
Who this course is for:
- Don's Clients & Website Vistiors
- Counselors, Coaches, and their Clients
- Those Invovled in Self Help & Personal Growth
Don Carter, MSW, LCSW has been a psychotherapist for nearly three decades during which time he has been employed at several mental health agencies around Mid-Missouri. He has held positions from entry level up to manager of a chemical dependency program at a large hospital.
Don has authored four current bestselling books in the areas of addiction, codependency, and Adult/Child Syndrome. His Iceberg Model is known worldwide and the basis of all of his books and online courses.
The middle of seven children, Don grew up on a farm with hard-working parents who had their own issues from childhood. The farm work lead to a scholarship to play football at the University of Missouri at Columbia in 1977-79. He followed that with a brief stint with the New Orleans Saints in 1980. That experience was cut short by a developing problem with alcohol and drugs. A series of childhood tragedies and bouts with addictions lead Don to his first encounter with the mental health system when he entered an inpatient treatment program at 29 years old.
Don found treatment and recovery such a profoundly gratifying experience that he returned to school, finished two degrees, became a licensed therapist and dedicated himself to helping others find their way out too. The Iceberg Model in his bestselling "Thawing the Iceberg Series" was a product of the years that followed. Don attributes most of the success of that series to his relationship with God. "I really feel I am living the plan He has for my life and carrying a message He wants me to carry."
Don's primary specialty areas include addictions, codependency, mood disorders, PTSD, and Adult/Child Syndrome. He also has specialized training in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Hypnotherapy. He is in private practice in the Jefferson City & Columbia area of Mid-Missouri.