PHP for Beginners: Part 6 - Tic-Tac-Toe jQuery PHP Bootstrap
What you'll learn
- Learn how to create a Tic-Tac-Toe game using jQuery and HTML
- Learn how to iterate through an array using jQuery
- Learn how to style the Tic-Tac-Toe grid using Bootstrap
- Learn how to update a webpage without refreshing by using jQuery
- Learn how to install MAMP and Visual Studio Code
- Learn how to use Emmet to create shorthand code for declaring a HTML table with multiple inner elements.
- Learn how to generate a random number using Math operations.
- Learn how to create functions.
- Some understanding of HTML, CSS, PHP and jQuery. However, each line of code is explained.
This is a FULL PROJECT course. In this course, you will learn how to create a Tic-Tac-Toe game using jQuery to handle the main logic and the page updates.
The course will focus on the use of:
...and even a little PHP!
As a bonus, I will also show you how to use Emmet shorthand code for adding HTML page elements quickly and easily.
As with all of my courses, my main focus is on explaining every single line of code in detail.
Once the main logic has been coded there are many ways the game could be updated. This leaves you with lots of freedom to make some of your own design choice. However, you can follow along with me step-by-step.
Videos are kept short and to the point. However, code is always explained. This ensures that you can easily follow along with me.
THE DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT
IMPORTANT: Please read carefully
You are free to use ANY development environment including the one that you are already using (if any). In this course, I show you how to download and install Visual Studio Code and MAMP (both of which are FREE and available for Mac and Windows).
If you are unsure about which code editor option is best for you then I encourage you to contact me and I will be happy to discuss the options with you.
You can also follow this course using your own preferred code editor.
Once again, using Visual Studio Code with MAMP is OPTIONAL. You can use ANY suitable development environment of your choosing.
MY PROMISES TO YOU
As a registered teacher (yes, I teach in a real classroom every day), I strongly believe it is my job to ensure you feel totally supported when taking my classes. I therefore promise the following:
to respect you as a student and individual with your own learning needs
to be courteous and polite in our interactions
to answer your questions about the course content promptly
to fix any issues you may encounter with the lessons
to respond promptly to feedback
I really do look forward to welcoming you to this course. I am confident you will enjoy the approach of learning what each line of code actually means.
As always, I am very active in the course so if you have any questions just feel free to ask.
I look forward to welcoming you to the course.
With best wishes
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to intermediate students wanting to learn a little more about jQuery by creating a game