GRAMMAR: Those Tricky English Words
What you'll learn
- Homonyms, Homophones and Homographs are words that can be confusing.
- Learn what these tricky words are.
- Learn when to use them and how to use them.
- Learn their different spellings, meanings and pronunciations.
- Improve your writing by learning when to use which spelling and meaning
- An intermediate language level is required.
- A willingness to learn and delve deeper into the quirkiness of the English language
- A willingness to improve your writing
English is a living language. You learn listen to it, you learn to speak it, you write it and you read it. You want to be good at. You want to understand the spoken word and you want others to understand you.
Learning a new language is not easy. Sometimes simple sometimes, sometimes difficult, but not impossible to master. With practice, practice and more practice you will improve your skills.
To study, to travel, to work and for leisure, knowing how to use English well can broaden your world and open wonderful opportunities. It's known as universal language.
But, English also has some quirks.
There are words that can cause us confusion. It can have the same spelling, but also a different spelling. It can have the sound the same, but also a different sound. But it will always used differently and have a different meaning?
It's important to gain the knowledge you need so that you can make sense of it and know the different contexts in which to use it.
I want to introduce you to three of its quirks. You might find it confusing at first. You might also recognise some of these words and have not always used it correctly.
Lets go on a little journey and learn some of these words. It will improve your writing, pronunciation and your vocabulary.
Who this course is for:
- Are there certain words in the English language that confuse you?
- Do they sound the same? Are they spelt the same? Do they have different meanings?
- If you'd like to learn what these word pairs are, and the differences between them, this is the course for you.
- This course will help you improve your writing by using the correct words to convey your ideas.
Hello. My name is Noleen
I am a TEFL certified English teacher for both person-to-person and online teaching.
I also have diplomas in Magazine Journalism and Publishing.
I spent 30 years in the wholesale/retail industries mentoring and training staff.
I'm passionate about English and teaching and I'd love to share this passion with you.
I want to be your teacher and help you on your journey to learning English. It will open up a whole new world for you!