Hundreds of times per day, cybercriminals are attempting to access your computer or your data, often by tricking you with fake emails, fake links, or even fake phone calls and voicemails. How do you know what’s real and what you should avoid?
In this course, IT security expert, Ken Dwight, aka “The Virus Doctor”, will walk you through the world of cybersecurity, including all the attacks, techniques, and strategies the bad guys use every day to try and make us click without thinking.
Along with Microsoft trainer Lisa Lopez, Ken will cover the critical topics everyone needs to know.
Topics covered include:
· Learning the types of attacks users face every day
· Learning the threats posed by Phishing, Spear-Phishing, Spyware, Ransomware, and Sextortion
· Learning what criminals hope to gain by attacking you and your devices
· Discovering ways you can protect yourself and your computer
· Knowing the characteristics of a strong password
· Learning backup strategies to protect your data from ransomware attacks
· Learning social engineering techniques that criminals use to prey on your emotions, so you let your guard down and allow them into your accounts
With real life examples culled from over 20 years in IT security, “The Virus Doctor”, will teach all you need to know in this engaging, effective eLearning course!