The Working Director Accelerator
What you'll learn
- Discover your true north as a director and how to stay on target to get to your big dream.
- Know exactly what materials you need and get step by step instruction on getting them ready.
- Be able to pitch yourself as a director, what you bring to the table, and why you should be hired for the job.
- Learn all the ways to make money as a director and how you can go out and start making money right away.
- Have a better understanding of running of what it takes to be a working director from forming a production company to running an efficient set.
- And more.
- You should have directing experience on at least some short projects prior to taking this course.
In this course you will learn what it takes to become a paid, working director. Remove mindset blocks, understand what materials you need and get help getting them in order, learn all the ways you can get paid to direct and how to go out and book those jobs today. Being a steady working director means you are proactive about your career and this course will help you understand all the steps to start living your dream.
If you are a filmmaker who has been banging your head against the wall trying to figure out how to start getting paid to direct, tired of doing short films for free, tired of working at a job that is killing your soul, this course will give you the tools to start making a living as a director.
All students who enroll in the course get access to The Working Director Inner Circle Facebook Group. There you will not only have access to peer feedback from others who have been through the accelerator, but the instructor, Director Jenn Page, is part of conversations in the group. You can ask questions about the coursework or your career. It's a wonderful addition to the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for emerging filmmakers who are frustrated with not knowing how to start getting paid to do the work they love. If you are a filmmaker looking to make your first paycheck as a director, this course is for you.
- This course is for directors ready to do whatever it takes, and any job it takes, to start getting paid to direct. It's not for directors looking to solely get into the studio system.
Jenn Page is an accomplished feature and series director who was selected by Take The Lead as one of the “50 Women Who Can Change The World in Media & Entertainment" and is one of Production Hub's “Women to Watch 2023.” She’s filmed projects for/with internationally known brands and artists including Marvel's Agents of Shield, The Voice, The Mindy Project, Blackmagic Design, Panic at the Disco, Weezer, Billy Ray Cyrus, Wolfmother, Estee Lauder, and Hans Zimmer.
With a passion for romantic & family dramedy and almost anything musical, her multi-award-winning best films work includes the comedy musical feature film “Waiting in the Wings” starring Lee Meriwether and Shirley Jones and the dramatic rock opera “The Breakout.” Her most recent feature film, “Playing with Beethoven,” starring Kadeem Hardison and Shannon Elizabeth, debuted in theaters and is now available on demand.
As a proud member of Producers Guild of America, Women in Media, and Greenlight Women, while also Executive Director of Blackmagic Collective and creator of The Working Director, beyond directing Jenn’s mission is to help underrepresented filmmakers hone their craft and get working as paid directors.
She is also the owner of Heart on Fire Productions, a women-led and run full-service production company based in Los Angeles.