The Speaker's Blueprint: How to Captivate Your Audience
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Move through the fear of public speaking
- Create connections with the audience
- Grab people's attention in the first few moments
- Tell stories effectively
- Prepare the mind, body, and voice for the speech
- Design speeches that challenge, inspire, and engage the audience
- An open mind and willingness to learn.
- Engagement with the action guide provided in the course
Jerry Seinfeld once said, “According to most studies, people's number one fear is public speaking. Number two is death. Death is number two…This means to the average person, if you go to a funeral, you're better off in the casket than doing the eulogy." But the fact is, many of us are called at one time or another to step courageously in front of a group of people and communicate a message that captivates.
What if you could harness the fear of public speaking and use it as a friend and not a foe? What if you could design a speech that challenges and inspires listeners? What if you could ignite your creativity in such a way that stories and illustrations flow out of you naturally? What if you could put aside your manuscript and notes and speak directly to the audience from your heart?
The Speaker's Blueprint is a five session course that will give you a foundation upon which you can build any speech. You will learn how to prepare your mind and body, how to grab people's attention, how to harness fear and anxiety, how to design a sermon, and how to tell stories that engage listeners.
In order for you to get the most out of this course you need:
- An open mind and willingness to learn. Some of the exercises I teach are from my years in improv theater. These exercises will deepen your learning and stimulate your creativity
- Engagement with the action guide. Download the action guide attached to the first lecture for notes and inspiration.
Bottom line: The Speaker's Blueprint will teach you how to captivate your audience. I look forward to connecting with you through the course.
- This speaking course is meant for public speakers looking for a more effective way to design a speech, connect with the audience, and have fun doing it. No prior improvisation knowledge or experience is needed.
In this lecture you will be introduced to the topic, the instructor, and give you an overview of the course.
In this lecture you will learn how to let go of worry, anxiety, perfectionism and other issues that get in the way of effective communication.