Therapeutic Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation):
What you'll learn
- The importance of Therapeutic Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) – 12 steps method
- How to perform a series of 12 asanas (postures) as a continuous flow in the practice of Therapeutic Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)?
- How to synchronize your breath with “Mindful” movements?
- Where to focus your awareness (physical focus as well as spiritual focus) while performing the 12 steps flow?
- What precautions must be taken for each of these twelve postures?
- What specific benefits each posture can provide?
- What is the meaning of the12 names of Surya? Which qualities are indicated by each name?
- What is the meaning and significance of each Surya Namaskar Mantra?
- How to pronounce each Surya Namaskar Mantra?
- Which Mantras are to be chanted at the Starting and Ending of the practice? And exactly how to chant them?
- A keen interest to learn; a self-commitment to follow instructions; and an aspiration to grow spiritually.
This course provides an excellent ‘Mindful Movement Based Practice’ of stimulation and relaxation that brings about a balance within the stress and relaxation response of the human body (sympathetic/parasympathetic control).
Therapeutic SN is a perfect morning practice to awaken the body, focus the mind, and connect to a sense of gratitude for a new day!
Surya Namaskar is a series of 12 poses to be performed as a continuous flow, synchronizing breath with mindful body movements.
The alternate expansion and contraction of the chest during SN postures helps in regulating and deepening respiration through the practice.
Movements done in synchronization with breathing during SN, result in conditioning the body, and calming down the mind.
Many people live a hectic lifestyle, and as a result they suffer from stress, depression, and other physical and mental illnesses. Therapeutic SN is a wonderful Yoga technique that provides relief from such problems; and it also calms down the mind
For those of you who have limited mobility, injuries, or other conditions that prevent you from performing full SN, an excellent option is to try Chair SN. You can still receive the benefits of Sun Salutation, performing the 12-Steps flow from a chair.
If standing is painful, difficult, or impossible, just attempt this chair variation of SN—and see how it will make you feel more grounded – balanced—and at ease in your body
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in using Yoga as a Therapy; and whoever wants to enhance health & Immunity
Dr. Anjali Ghanekar is HR Professional.
Professor Emeritus, SVYASA Yoga University
Management Consultant / Trainer / & Wellness Coach
She is now settled in the US.
In the field of Human Resource Management & Behavioural Science, Dr Anjali has more than 40 years of experience with Universities/ Educational Institutions / Management Institutions / Government Organizations/ and the Corporate Sector
-- She has authored more than 15 books, which are prescribed as text books for Management Education and Training purposes.
- Her various online courses launched on UDEMY (that is Universal Academy) – are highly rated and very popular all over the world –
- These courses include Brain Boosting Techniques / Sleep Special Techniques / Eye-Yoga Therapy / Chakras - Human Energy System / Guided Meditations / Therapeutic Sun Salutations / Guided Easy Gita-Chanting for Beginners, etc.
- With her passion for holistic “Yoga-Way-of-Life,” Dr. Anjali has been practicing and instructing to live a wholesome life through the cultivation of a healthy body, mind, and spirit