Theory of Automata and Computation
What you'll learn
- Learn what is Theory of Automata and why we study it.
- Learn Langauage and its fundamentals
- Learn Formal Languages and Informal Languages
- Learn to define a Language i.e Descriptive Definition and Recursive Definition
- Learn Regular Expression with elaborate exmples
- Learn Finite Automata and its two with every detail along with examples
- LearnTransition Graph
- Learn Regular VS Non-Regular Languages
- Learn Context Free Languages and Context free Grammars
- Learn Pushdown Automata (PDA) from introduction to solved examples
- Learn Turing Machine along with solved examples
- Learn Decidable, Partially decidable and Undecidable languages
- Basic understanding of Discrete Mathematics and Set theory
This is the most compendious and extensive, yet very straight forward course on the Theory of Automata and Computation. Whether you are a beginner in Computer Sciences , already know basics of Formal languages and theoretical models for machines or want to learn the advanced traits in the Theory of Automata and Computation, then this course is for you.
In this course, I will teach you the Theory of Automata in a very simple and interactive manner.
With over 25 lectures that comprise of three and half hours of video lectures, we have tried not to leave any minor detail without explaining it. This course includes quizzes at the end of major sections which will help you in your course exams or other competitive exams. Each and every topic has been covered with ample and elaborate examples to make your concepts precisely clear.
In this course on Theory of Automata we cover wide range of topics, including:
Introduction to the Theory of Automata and why we study it?
Language and its fundamental building blocks
Formal Languages and Informal Languages
Defining a Language i.e Descriptive Definition and Recursive Definition of a Language
Regular Expression i.e. what is it? and how to make it?
Finite Automata and its two types i.e. DFA and NFA
Regular VS Non-Regular Languages
Context Free Languages and Context free Grammars
Pushdown Automata (PDA)
Decidability and Undecidability i.e. Decidable, Partially decidable, and undecidable languages
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who want to learn Theory of Automata from beginner to advanced level
- Computer Science students who have theory of Automata as a course subject
- Anyone who want to get indepth knowledge of how machine works and how Theortical Models represent these machines
- Anyone who is preparing for GAT or other competitive exams
- Students pursuing Engineering degree in Computer Science
- Anyone who wants to learn Computer Science from theoretical perspective
I have B.S in Computer System Engineering, and 7 years of experience as professional IT instructor at different institutes. The main subjects I focus are Computer Science, Mathematics and linguistics.
I am very enthusiastic in learning different languages and cultures. Up till now, I have learnt and can communicate well in Spanish, Swedish and Romanian languages. My main aim is to impart quality computer education to my students around the globe and fulfill their academic and professional needs.