Drafting Basics 1
What you'll learn
- Special Introductory price of $24.99 for first 100 enrollments (usual price $49.99)
- All the basic (must-have) & optional (good-to-have) tools for pattern drafting.
- How to draft a basic bodice pattern from your own measurements (with step-by-step instructions).
- How to measure key body points for accurate drafting (for all body types).
- How to determine & calculate Front & Back body dimensions for drafting (and why).
- How to create & rotate/pivot darts (and why).
- AND get a free Measurement Worksheet download that automatically makes calculations for drafting.
- A very basic understanding of sewing clothes from a pattern.
Do you wanna make clothes that fit properly? It all starts with a good fitting basic block or sloper. That's your blueprint for making clothes of any design to fit well. It is a straight-forward process and my courses show you how with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions. Whatever your sewing abilities, all you need is some time and the desire to learn.
Who this course is for:
- Home sew-ers
- Fashion design students
- Sewing enthusiasts
- Professionals in the fashion or dressmaking industry
I've always believed that if you can sew, you can learn to draft. I love drafting more than I love sewing and I'm very pleased that I can combine my passion for pattern-making with my training as a teacher.
I started sewing (and crude drafting) at 9 years old. Yes, I was that child who cut old table cloths to make floral printed dresses for her stuffed animals. Two decades later, I quit a steady career in teaching to start my own business in the apparel industry, creating patterns and samples for indie brands like Francisca&D, Nala Design & The Batik Boutique.
It's been a couple more decades and I can't seem to stop (yes, I have tried). So with a sense of joyous resignation, I continue to create custom clothing and patterns and find time to teach pattern drafting and sewing at my studio and online.