The Mala Workshop: Transformative Meditation with Mala Beads
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will know what a japa mala is, it's origins, how to use the mala and create your own fulfilling daily meditation practice.
- You will also learn how to use (and pronounce) powerful mantras, how to intuitively choose a mantra for your practice and how to create sacred space for your practice.
- In addition, you will have the tools to find a mala that is right for you and your practice, how to care for your mala and how to energetically "cleanse your mala".
- An open heart
- You may begin this course with OR without actual mala beads. This course includes an intuitive technique to help you choose a mala that is right for you, even if you do not have one just yet!
- No meditation experience necessary.
Join me on a sacred journey into the world of japa malas! Malas are 108 beads that can be powerful tools of transformation for anyone. We can use them to create a more focused and centered meditation practice, a peaceful life and a calm mind. Malas are perfect for those beginning the path of meditation as well as for those who already have an established personal meditation practice.
You will learn the history and use of malas as well as how to intuitively choose the mantra and mala that is right for you. By the end of this course you will be using a mala and know the essential guidelines to create your own personal meditation practice. We dive into all aspects of meditating with your mala, including creating sacred space, caring for the mala, and even cleansing and "recharging" your mala.
Enjoy detailed video lectures that will take you from the very basics of using a japa mala along with worksheets to assist you in finding mantras and my secret tips on creating a lasting and fulfilling practice.
Who this course is for:
- Those interested in beginning a meditation practice of any kind
- Anyone who would like to know how to meditate with mala beads
After the birth of her daughter, Saraswati transitioned from the the life of a freelance classical/experimental musician in NYC to quite another calling. In the sweet silence of the evenings, her yoga and meditation practice grew into something quite tangible and unique. She began developing a practice of intuitively creating custom japa malas and Yoga inspired jewelry for her online boutique Jewels of Saraswati.
Now a renowned mala artist, yogini, avid meditator and instructor, she loves to spread the love and light of malas during her online and live workshops.
Saraswati's malas and jewelry have been featured in magazines such as Yoga Journal, Origin, Mantra Yoga + Health and her meditation articles have been published on Elephant Journal and MindBodyGreen. She has given well received workshops throughout the East Coast on meditation and Yoga topics.
In each of her workshops she endeavors to create a sacred space where her students can learn about the beautiful benefits of meditation and Yoga and have a safe environment for introspection and exploration.
As a social media maven, she loves to teach other jewelery artists the skills to create successful businesses online via social media. She is dedicated to helping them discover their authentic voice, boost their engagement and increase their revenue.