The Funny 15 Master Class in Stand Up Comedy
What you'll learn
- Understand the structure of a Stand Up Comedy Show.
- Know what attributes need to be learned to become a successful Stand Up Comedian.
- Know where to go, and how to get on Stand Up Comedy shows.
- Understand the keys to being funny on a Stand Up Comedy Stage
- Learn how to network with other Comics to get on more shows.
- Learn about the different types of Open Mics, Showcase Shows, Professional Shows and more.
- Learn how to sign up and when to show up at comedy shows.
- With a little training, anyone can learn the mechanics of performing Stand Up Comedy
This is the broadest and best Stand-Up Comedy Class you will find. Instead of learning from someone who came up 40 years ago, why not get advice from the people that are currently working Today's Comedy Scene? There are no better teachers than those who are out at the local bar, clubs and theaters and performing right now. Every one of our instructors is booked at multiple shows, getting up and making people laugh this month.
They are a broad and diverse group from one guy that just started 4 year ago to those with decades of experience. The truth is, the top level comedians such as Bill Burr, Dave Chapelle and Jerry Seinfeld are not facing the audiences a new Comic will face... and their experiences from years ago may not hold up and be the same as yours will be.
So why learn Stand-Up from 1 Comic, when you can get the B E S T advice from 15 currently working Stand-Up Comedians? If you are ready for the ADVENTURE and the challenge of Stand-Up Comedy, this is the class for you! From where to go to how to act once you get there, this class teaches the fundamentals of Stand-Up that normally takes years to learn. You will learn from the best working Comics and even some teachers of Stand-Up Comedy Classes at Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle right outside of Detroit. All the fundamentals of working an Open Mic, Showcases and Comedy Contests are explained by Professional Comics who have a combined 230 years of Stand-Up experience.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to take on the challenge and ADVENTURE of a Stand Up Comedy Stage will quickly find the keys to success.
- Professional public speakers who want to discover the art of injecting laughter into their presentations and hold their audience's attention.
- Those occasionally may face the daunting task of public speaking at a wedding or public ceremony.
- All those who have watched Stand Up Comedy and said, "I want to do that!"
- Anyone who loves Stand-Up and wants to understand the inner workings of the art.
After a life long career in public speaking in professional business settings, I have spent the last 10 years performing Stand-Up Comedy. Also 4 years ago I started interviewing the best of the Mid-West Comedians. I now have taken the time to sort through all those podcasts, and go back with a battery of specific questions on the Art of Stand-Up for my Comedian guests so I can share all of this great information on what it takes to be a really good Stand-Up Comedian.