Don't Launch your Survey Yet! 4 Traps to Remove First
What you'll learn
- Avoid the 4 major traps that are built-in to SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, Survey Gizmo, and other survey-creation tools
- Dramatically increase response rates on your surveys
- Learn survey hacks that will give you so much more out of your survey results
- You have created at least one web-based survey; Or you have created MANY surveys (e.g., it’s one of your job duties)
- Be familiar with one of the web-based survey creation tools available, such as SurveyMonkey, Survey Gizmo, QuestionPro, SmartSurvey, etc.
► Watch the FREE PREVIEWS below to see if this course is for you!
** Updated June 2016 **
You're doing your survey wrong! You and your team spend so much time and effort gathering feedback from your "people" - your members, customers, employees, or students. But if you are using SurveyMonkeyTM, Survey GizmoTM,Qualtrics TM or any of the other 85 web-based survey tools then you are automatically losing responses and getting less meaningful results!
How is that possible? Each of these tools has built-in "traps" - defaults and standard settings that automatically decrease your response rates, muddy the results and make you lose information.
Why would these companies allow this? Web-based survey companies offer great technology but they do not know the psychology behind why people will fill out surveys. They do not understand how psychological measurement works. They do not have the training or expertise to recognize where these problems exit. So their survey tools and recommended templates contain "worst practices" that you must identify and eliminate from your surveys.
In this one-hour training course you will learn: (1) to identify and avoid the "traps" found in most web-based survey tools; (2) why these standard practices lead to poor results and low response rates; and (3) to apply research-based and field-tested solutions to increase the quality and usefulness of your results.
► This may well be the most worthwhile and productive hour of learning you will invest all year! When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify and avoid the "traps" found in most web-based survey tools;
- Understand why these standard practices lead to poor results and low response rate
- Apply research-based and field-tested solutions to increase the quality and usefulness of your results.
Who this course is for:
- You play a role in creating/administering/analyzing web-based or paper-based surveys for members, clients, prospects, students, instructors, alumni, employees, or other key respondents
- You want to improve some aspect of your surveys, such as: (1) get higher response rates, (2) collect more meaningful and clear results, (3) generate more useful and actionable written comments, or (4) get more participation and enthusiasm from respondents
- NOTE: This course may not be necessary if the results of your surveys are not the basis for important decisions (e.g., you only do quick “doodle polls” to check available meeting times)
- NOTE: This course may not be necessary if your past survey efforts have all yielded high response rates, meaningful and interpretable results, and you have no trouble getting people to fill out your surveys again and again
- NOTE: This is not a course about "how to make a million dollars sitting at home filling out surveys!"
For two decades, Matthew Champagne, Ph.D. has influenced survey and feedback practices in learning organizations worldwide as a senior research fellow, university professor, theorist, serial entrepreneur, and in-demand speaker. He has authored more than 75 articles, books and how-to guides with practical solutions to create high-quality survey instruments and processes that have been implemented at more than 600 organizations. Dr. Champagne's theories and research spawned the web-based course evaluation industry in higher education and he helped create many of the innovative web-based technologies used today to improve the quality of training and customer service.