Scriptwriting: The Writer’s Room Masterclass
What you'll learn
- Cultivate new and beginning storytellers with how to’s, tools, and tips
- Understanding script writing fundamentals to write your short film
- Resources to help become a better writer
- How to use the materials you wrote in part one of this workshop and apply it in your script
- The materials from part one of this workshop
- Dedication and your absolute focus
- If you did not take part one of this course, it’s encouraged for students to bring ideas before class starts
Picking up from part one of this course, I'll provide a lecture on how to structure and format your script by providing a foundation for your story by using writing examples and clips from my work. By applying the materials you wrote from part one of this workshop I hope to:
Cultivate new and beginning storytellers with how-to’s, tools, and tips
Establish an environment where students feel safe to learn in a creative space
Inspire, motivate, and evoke thoughts to paper to help students find their authentic voice in script format
Writing a script can feel intimidating, trust me I understand. Remember, we all have to be a beginner at some point and there have been many times when I felt underqualified or inexperienced -- but when a story is placed in your heart trust that you will learn everything you need to know as you go. You simply have to start. So do not talk yourself out of it and don't back down because you have to do some work. It's a part of the process. You made it this far, which means you're halfway there.
If you did not take the first portion of this course, that's okay. You can bring your ideas, or some will spark as you engage in the lectures.
I'll see you in class.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners and creative writers that are new to the script writing process
Crystal Joy Hardman received her degree in Journalism from Loyola University Chicago. Crystal started her acting career in theater in New York City, then blossomed into feature films, commercials, and TV with her most recent role on the NBC show Chicago PD. She has produced, written, and acted in ten projects over the past five years, including international productions in South Africa and Ghana. Additionally, her YouTube channel has amassed over 26k views with the most popular videos on her time in Africa. Crystal has found a way to combine her international travels with her love of storytelling -- making room to work not only as a multimedia artist but the founder of her production company, Blu Room Productions.