The What, Why, and How of Powerful Project Charters
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create powerful project charters quickly.
- Engage stakeholders and get everyone on the same page.
- Reduce rework that adversely impacts your schedule and budget.
- Align projects to your organization's mission, goals, and strategies.
- You won't need any software or materials other than your preferred note-taking device (pen & paper, Evernote, or anything in between).
- If you don't have experience in managing projects, that's fine. If you do have experience, great - you can apply it to the course for greater benefit.
Ever wonder how great project managers launch their projects successfully?
In this course, we will build a project charter, step-by-step, that allows you to get your stakeholders on the same page.
Whether you are new to project management or just want a refresher, this course will give you all the basics and more.
You will learn to create, refine, and share your project charters in the shortest time possible. You will also learn to improve the understanding and agreement between you, the project sponsor, the project team, and other high-impact stakeholders.
What are the results? Less rework and surprises. Fewer missed deadlines and blown budgets. Happier team members. What's there not to like about this approach?
What will I get?
Step-by-step instructions on how to create project charters quickly. Sponsor collaboration tips. Charter template and example. And much more.
What will I learn?
What is a project charter (and what it's not)?
Other names for a project charter
Selecting the project sponsor and project manager
Why is a project charter needed?
Why some project managers fail to create project charters
The project charter recipe
The four project charter checkpoints
Who should write the project charter?
When should the project charter be created?
Getting stakeholders involved in the project charter process
What should the project charter include?
How to right-size your project charters
How to write clear project goals that get results
Reduce project rework
The capstone for this course is a business case study. After downloading and reading the study below, please create a project charter for the project. Once you've completed the charter, download the project charter example in the next lesson and compare.
What people say about Harry...
“Harry has been a very influential person in my career. When first venturing into the world of project management, he provided me with the guidance and education I needed from day one.” —DAN JONES, PMP
“Intelligent leadership, creative communication and depth of technical skill all describe Harry Hall.” —JOHN BARTUSKA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
“Harry does a great job of boiling down the complex issues facings PMs today and presents solutions in a way that even a novice project manager can understand and apply.” —JEREMY CAUSEY, PMP
“Harry is a wealth of knowledge and experience.” —ALISON MILLS-LONG, PMP
“Harry’s interactive approach is very entertaining and conducive to learning.” —JODI WISOR, PMP
- Anyone who needs to create project charters - project managers, project sponsors, business leads, and other individuals who are assigned the task of creating project charters.
- Organizations that wish to improve their project approval process further ensuring the alignment of projects with the organization’s mission, goals, and strategies.
Discover who this course is for and the content of this course. We'll also take a look at the Course Map.
If someone asked you why a project charter is needed, how would you reply? Discover 10 key benefits to project charters.
In this lesson, let's take a look at project goals. What are we trying to achieve in our projects? I'll teach you the secret sauce of writing clear goals every time.