U.S. Residential Mortgage Business
- 7.5 hours on-demand video
- 25 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll be able to explain why people use mortgages today
- You'll be able to list and discuss property types, and demonstrate the risks of each
- You'll be able to identify key mortgage types and describe the audience and markets for each
- You'll be able to describe the importance of mortgage loans and conditions, and their meanings
- You'll be able to demonstrate the math behind mortgage pricing
- You'll be able to learn the size and scope of the U.S. residential mortgage market
- You'll be able to describe the key players in the mortgage industry, the functions and roles they have, and identify the phases of the mortgage life cycle
- You'll learn about the risk and rewards of originating, servicing and securitizing mortgages
- You'll learn about the mortgage life cycle from both the consumer's and the lender's POV
- You'll learn about current and historical mortgage regulation
- You'll learn about financial distress in mortgage, including early warning signs, foreclosure alternatives, and loss mitigation strategies
- You'll learn about consumer mortgage lending
- You'll learn about consumer mortgage lending, borrowe income analysis, and how to read and understand credit history and reports
- You'll learn about mortgage metrics and be able to provide an overview of loan approvals and rejections
- You'll learn about appraisal and asset valuation, and details of the appraisal process and walkthrough
- You'll learn about titling and insurance; titling requirements and issues
- You'll learn about loan servicing and servicing regulations
- You'll be able to define securitization, and learn why financial institutions securitize mortgages
- You'll be able to define securitization, learn why financial institutions securitize mortgages, and advantages and disadvantages of securitization to the issuer and investor
- You'll be able to understand the entire MBS cycle, and rating agency involvement
- Knowledge of the English language.
In this course, we will cover everything you need to know to be knowledgeable about residential mortgages in the United States. We will look at the important players/departments in the space as well as Key Terminology that you need to know. We will spend some time unpackaging the consumer buying cycle and examine the life cycle of the Mortgage. In addition, we will spend some time examining what goes into originating, servicing and valuing a Mortgage by examining the metrics that make up the loan process. We will examine the tools that help a company make a sound credit worthiness decision, by exploring the Credit Report and the Real Estate Appraisal. Finally, we will demystify the Securitization process by looking at the process of Mortgage Securitization and its benefits.
The makeup of the course is as follows, containing nearly 30 modules over 3 sections:
- U.S. Residential Mortgage Business and Process Fundamentals
- U.S. Residential Mortgage Analysis: Bringing It All Together
- Loan Management, Servicing and Securitization
This course's contents consists of a video introductions for each section, outlining the key elements to be covered, followed by each module, consisting of a narrated presentation.
- All levels of audience are encouraged to participate in this course.
Instructor Russ Faulkner introduces the U.S. Residential Mortgage Business and discusses key elements of the first section within this course.
Instructor Russ Faulkner discusses the mortgage life cycle from a lender's point of view.