The ultimate world building for fantasy guide
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 30 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to world build for a fantasy novel when you don't know where to start.
- Why you need to start at the birth of your planet/world long before you start writing your book.
- A comprehensive list of topics to help you create the most realistic fictional world possible.
- Why you need to put as much detail into your world's plans as you can.
- How to create a map that works for any world you create and why a map is so important.
- What world building entails.
- How reality is a mirror to any fictional world.
- How you can add depth to your world.
- For beginner level writers upwards
- For anyone interested in creating a fictional world
- For advanced writers who want to write fantasy fiction
- Any writer who wants to become a fantasy author
Do you want to build your own world to base a series on?
Do you want to write your first fantasy novel but don't know where to start?
Does world building seem overwhelming?
This course is a blueprint for your very own functioning world. Populate it with believable characters who drive your plots - and you've got a winning formula for fantasy fiction.
You'll be guided through aspects of daily life you may not have considered but which add to the magic and help your readers believe in your world.
World building takes imagination - but all the hard work has been done for you.
By the end of the course, you'll have a detailed world planned out and dynamic characters you can place in your first novel.
You'll be able to use the techniques, tips and tricks you'll learn on this course throughout your writing career.
- Writers who want to write fantasy fiction.
- Writers who don't know where to start when it comes to world building.
- Writers who want to learn more about world building.
- Writers who are considering writing fantasy fiction.
- Fantasy writers who are looking for inspiration for their own partially created fictional world.
- Beginner writers
- Advanced writers
World building is possible for everyone - whether you have a good imagination or not. The more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it. There are no imitations apart from the ones you set yourself. You can easily re-write history - or create your own. The main thing is you need to create a world where readers won't want to leave - and feel home-sick to go back. This course will show you how to do just that.
The creation of your very own world begins with its birth. How does it come into existence - by accident, or design?
Why you need to know what the terrain and atmosphere of your world is like. How the terrain can help you develop a novel in your series.
Why your world's past is important. Who rules your world? Ancient feuds and invasions. Plagues and disasters and how you can use them to shake things up on your world that aren't working too well. Allies and enemies, weapons and armour. How our world's history can be a good starting point for your own world's.