The Ultimate Microsoft SQL Server Course: All In One
What you'll learn
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Learn How to Implement SQL in Azure
- Learn How to Deploy a Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Learn How to Deploy SQL Server instances
- Deploy SQL Server databases to Azure virtual machines
- Learn How to Manage databases and instances
- Configure secure access to Microsoft Azure SQL Databases
- Learn How to Configure SQL Server performance settings
- Learn How to Manage SQL Server instances & SQL Storage
- Learn How to Perform database maintenance
- Learn How to Design and implement database objects
- Learn How to Implement programmability objects
- Learn How to Manage database concurrency
- Learn How to Optimize database objects and SQL infrastructure
- Learn How to Manage data with Transact-SQL
- Learn How to Query data with advanced Transact-SQL components
- Learn How to Configure data access and auditing
- Learn How to Manage backup and restore of databases
- Learn How to Manage and monitor SQL Server instances
- Learn How to Manage high availability and disaster recovery
- Internet Access
- A PC with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Installed
This course will be regularly updated.
Welcome to this SQL Server course. If you want to gain knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server to understand how it stores and retrieves huge amounts of data, this course is right for you. Microsoft SQL Server offers developers a unique opportunity to leverage the advanced features and build applications that are robust, scalable, and easy to administer. This course will help you learn about Microsoft SQL Server, including the features and functionalities that are needed to design and develop reliable database systems.
You will learn how to set up your SQL Server and configure new (and existing) environments for optimal use. This course starts with an introduction to SQL Server and databases and takes you through the installation of SQL Server Express. Once you are ready with the set-up, you will learn to connect to a database instance and create a database and tables inside the database. After covering the designing aspect, the course delves into performance-tuning aspects by teaching you how to effectively use indexes. The course will also teach you about certain choices that need to be made about backups and how to implement a rock-solid security policy and keep your environment healthy.
It prepares you for the more advanced topics by starting with a quick introduction to SQL Server’s new features and a recapitulation of the possibilities you may have already explored with previous versions of SQL Server. The next part introduces you to small delights in the Transact-SQL language and then switches to a completely new technology inside SQL Server - JSON support. We also take a look at the Stretch database, security enhancements, and temporal tables.
As you advance, you will learn to run queries against tables to manipulate tables and data and create relationships in the SQL Server with foreign keys and normalization. Finally, you will learn about the techniques you should use when things go wrong, and other important topics - such as migration, upgrading, and consolidation - are covered in detail. Integration with Azure is also covered in depth.
Whether you are an administrator or thinking about entering the field, this course will provide you with all the skills you need to successfully create, design, and deploy databases using Microsoft SQL Server.
Who this course is for:
- Web Developers
- Software Developers
Hi, my name is Mark Bowman. I have been working as a Software Engineer and a Data Analyst in various companies. I mainly work in the Microsoft Development Environment, using C# in combination with WPF or Winforms to build Modern Desktop Business Solutions or ASP.NET MVC to build scalable Web Solutions. I have also gained experience working with Java EE and the Spring Boot Framework. As a Database Developer, I am also responsible for designing and Implementing SQL Server Databases. I learn something almost every day and work with smart people. I'm a voracious learner of all things SQL Server and I'm passionate about sharing what I've learned. My area of concentration is performance tuning. SQL Server is like an exotic sports car, it will run just fine in anyone's hands but put it in the hands of skilled tuner and it will perform like a race car.