The Ultimate Guide to Muay Thai Basics
What you'll learn
- What parts of the body are used in Muaythai training
- Basics of footwork and movements
- All basic individual strikes, from punches to elbows, knees and kicks.
- A variety of defenses against punches, knees, push kicks and round house kicks.
- Introduction to making you own combinations
- Introduction to basics clinching.
- There are no special requirements for this course, one could literally be doing it from the comfort of their own living room but at the same time if you have a gym/ boxing bags / facilities it’s a bonus.
- Having a mirror/camera to record yourself so you can watch your self while doing it can massively benefit you.
This course was created by Amir Naseri, a multiple time Muay Thai world champion, second non-Thai in history to ever win the prestigious title at Omnoi stadium in Bangkok, and also winner of the kings cup of Thailand 2019. With more than 15 years experience in this sport, Amir is sharing the knowledge he has picked up over the years training with the best Thai coaches and gyms in Thailand.
Each lesson is designed for the student to easily remember and digest the key cues, which makes your learning experience more effective and efficient. With every lesson being between 1-3mins, techniques are broken down in details with “do’s and don’ts” to make sure the student is not overwhelmed with having to remember too many things in one lesson.
You will see defense and counters against punches, elbow techniques, kicks, and knee techniques. You will learn how to catch and attack the opponent s kicking leg and how to react if the opponent catches your kicking leg. Also you will also learn how to control your opponent in a clinch, to throw him away from you, to defend against his attacks and to get out of his grip.
Whether you want to develop self-confidence, get incredibly fit, or compete in the ring, Muay Thai is a sport that is inclusive of multiple goals. There are a million reasons why you may want to train Muay Thai, and at the end of the day, there are no wrong reasons .
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who is interested in learning the foundations and basics of Muaythai, therefore you don’t need to be in great shape or have any experience, you could be a total beginner but at the same time if you have been practicing for a while and consider yourself advanced, this course can help you perfect your technique and have a library of ‘breakdowns’ of all basics techniques to refer to from time to time.
Amir Naseri, a multiple time Muaythai world champion, second non-Thai in history to ever win the prestigious title at Omnoi stadium in Bangkok, and also winner of the kings cup of Thailand 2019. With more than 15 years experience in this sport, Amir is sharing the knowledge he has picked up over the years training with the best Thai coaches and gyms in Thailand.
I’m a Content Creator working in the media field since 2008. I've been conceiving creative ideas, directing shoots and video-editing for varied international companies and organisations dedicated to entertainment, travel, music, animations, action sports and lifestyle for my whole career.
I have a background in advertising and I gained my film making skills working for a decade for corporate companies, for which I edited and directed hundreds of promos, trailers and Ads.
My confidence in the social media’s marketing, art direction, motion graphic design and photography is an aspect that enhances my skill set.
Thanks for reading.