Design Thinking | Unlock Innovation and User-centricity
What you'll learn
- Master every step of the design thinking process through concepts and tools
- Articulate how design thinking, lean startup and agile work together and their shared characteristics
- How to structure and run design thinking workshops through the various stages of the process
- How to conduct quality user research
- The skill of empathy
- How to identify and handle the cognitive biases which may undermine your team’s work
- How to synthesize user research data into insights
- How to build tools such as an Empathy map, a User persona, an Affinity diagram and numerous idea generation and selection techniques
- How to create the right mental and physical environment for brainstorming
- How to structure and facilitate brainstorming sessions
- The concept of prototype and the shapes and forms it can take
- How to run proof of concept and functional experiments
- How to gather and analyze user testing feedback
- How to de-risk your projects by testing hypotheses early and by saving time and money
- Anticipate the organizational pre-requisites for design thinking
- Identify the skills required for a design thinking project team
- Adopt the right mindset and corporate culture for design thinking
- This course requires no prior learning
This course will give you all the concepts, tools and techniques of design thinking together with the user manual to apply them successfully to your own work !
In this course you will learn everything that makes up the entire Design Thinking process ; a methodology which is fundamental to ingraining innovation and user-centricity within your company.
For every tool I teach (what), I share the best practices on its application (how) and highlight its purpose and benefits (why). I illustrate each one of them using practical cases and homework for you to learn, practice and reflect in a safe trial environment.
You will also learn that, beyond adopting a process, applying design thinking means adopting a new mindset and new ways of working which will shake up your established organization in its management and leadership models, culture, skills and processes.
This will give you a head start on the understanding and identification of the many challenges and changes your company will need to be managing to optimize the benefits of its design thinking projects.
This course is divided into three major parts :
1) Understanding design thinking’s core principles and key benefits
2) Mastering the process by learning its concepts, tools and techniques
3) Creating new ways of working to ensure a successful application of the process and the adoption of the right mindset
This design thinking course is designed as a comprehensive course together with its user manual. By the end of the course, not only will you be able to run the entire process on your own but you will also get to grips with the many organizational and human dynamics at play within your core cross-functional project team and with their internal stakeholders. The combination of both learnings will set you up for success.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone aspiring to take a fresh perspective on old problems to develop novel solutions
- Innovation and product managers who own and run the design thinking process
- Project managers who want to learn an efficient way to align their cross functional teams towards a common goal centered around the user
- HR managers who want to spearhead user centricity and promote cross-functionality and agility within siloed organizations
- Entrepreneurs who want to make sure they solve real problems and create products or services which meet real user needs
- Consultants who advise on innovation or service design
- Anyone interested in having an impact and adding value when attending a design thinking workshop by learning to adopt the right mindset
- Anyone looking to minimize the risks and optimize the use of resources in time and money associated with the design of new products, services or experiences
- Anyone interested in having a more in-depth understanding of Design Thinking
Hi, and thanks for checking out my course !
Currently, I’m the founder of IQ x EQ, an advisory and training agency focused on strategy, innovation and service design. I am advising firms on their business and human transformation projects and the innovation of their business models and service offerings.
I built my expertise thanks to 20 years of work experience with large financial institutions across Europe and Asia in operations, relationship management, product, innovation, strategy and M&A.
My advisory services focus on producing strategic insights, aligning product portfolios with business strategies and driving external growth plans.
I provide mentorship to startup founders and I’m a member of a network of 100+ entrepreneurs, angel investors and consultants who support promising early-stage, post-revenue startups through funding, mentoring and networking.
I am on Udemy because I love learning, and I love sharing my learnings and experience.