The Ultimate Guide to Funnel Optimization
What you'll learn
- An understanding of the customer funnel
- How to structure expiriments
- Over 150 tactics for driving aggressive growth
- A willingness to learn
Startups don't fail because they can't get the technology built. They fail because they can't get customers.
Based on material taught to MBA students at Northwestern University, one of the top 5 graduate programs in the country, this course uncovers the secrets smart startups have been using to rapidly grow.
At the conclusion of this course, you'll have a solid understanding of the techniques and tools leveraged by top startups, as well as over 150 specific ideas you can immediately use to get more customers and keep them coming back.
Knowing how to systematically and reliably drive user growth is a tremendous source of competitive advantage. Whether you're a founder looking to jump start your growth efforts, or an employee looking to acquire these skills, this course will give you a huge increase in effectiveness.
During this course, we'll discuss:
- What the customer funnel is, and why it's important.
- How to organize yourself and your team to prepare to grow.
- Strategies and tactics for getting your first 1000 customers.
- Over 75 ideas for acquiring new customers.
- How to create compelling content targeted to your niche.
- What really matters when optimizing your site for search engines.
- How to avoid wasting time and efficiently market on social media.
- How to do public relations without hiring an agency.
- When to use paid acquisition (and more importantly, when not to.)
- How to get prospective customers to take action once you've driven them to your site.
- The most important factors that drive landing page conversion.
- How to leverage email to nurture leads and convert them over time.
- How to design your onboarding process to ensure a pleasant first time experience.
- The most important tool in your toolkit for retaining users.
- How to build effective referral loops into your product.
Who this course is for:
- Founders of Companies
- Aspiring Growth Hackers
Sean Johnson is a professor of marketing at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. He's also a partner leading product and growth at Digital Intent, a firm that conceives, builds and grows new digital startups. He has helped companies like Groupon, Follett, HarperCollins, Sittercity and more create innovative digital businesses and help them grow.