The Ultimate Guide to Frostings
What you'll learn
- Explore various types of frostings from simple glazes to cooked meringue buttercreams.
- Learn how to weigh ingredients with a digital kitchen scale.
- Practice hands-on techniques like kneading and folding.
- Become creative with interesting flavor combinations.
- Gain access to downloadable recipes and guides.
- Learn a few basics of working with chocolate.
- Understand how to properly handle and store frostings based on freshness and food safety.
- No prior kitchen skills required. Perfect for beginners.
- A stand mixer or hand mixer is recommended for most techniques in this course.
- Common kitchen tools with the addition of a candy thermometer and a small digital scale.
When I was a kid, my favorite way to eat a cupcake was frosting first, then the cake.
Incredibly light and smooth to dense and rich...this course has something for everybody. Whether you are a complete beginner or avid baker, there is an abundance of information on techniques and flavors.
Imagine chocolate cherry buttercream and beer ganache...so many possibilities!
The frostings in this course include:
- Whipped Cream
- Royal Icing
- Cooked Frostings
- Sugar Pastes
Within each major section, there are multiple recipes with step-by-step instructions to ensure your frostings are successful.
You will learn technical skills as well:
- Cooking a sugar syrup
- Peak stages
- Melting chocolate
Frostings are a fantastic accompaniment to cakes, cookies, brownies, and many other sweet desserts. This course will supply you with such a broad understanding of the subject and really promote your creativity! There are recipes for you to download and print as well as the Ultimate Frosting Guide which includes the most important characteristics of each type.
The pastry and baking arts industry has grown tremendously over the last decade that I've worked in it. There are so many more specialty ingredients available for home bakers which is why I'm so excited to bring you this course! If you want to make bubble gum ermine frosting or pink champagne buttercream, it's as simple as ordering some products online. In some areas of the world, you can even pick up more unusual products at the grocery store. Now is the time to learn all of the techniques and let your imagination run wild. And, if at any time, you find yourself unsure of how to create something, I'm here for you. Enrolling in this course gives you personalized support which includes me troubleshooting recipes and coming up with fun flavor combinations for your next cake project.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning about a wide variety of frostings.
- Home bakers looking to expand on their skills.
- Professionals who wish to acquire more basic, tested recipes.
- Complete beginners who have never made frosting from scratch.
Food is the thing that connects us all. From the people who painstakingly grow our food to the hard workers that prepare the food to the billions of people that consume it. Whether we realize it or not, aside from all of our differences, it's what makes us all the same in some way. We need it for survival, use it for an income, and love it for all of it's nourishment and joy, Making food for other people has always been, and will always be, a great passion and source of fulfillment for me. I love what it represents in its entirety and I also love the simple fact that I can make someone smile just by handing them a slice of cake.
I’m a professional kitchen veteran turned enthusiastic teacher. After 15 years of hard work in restaurants and bakeries, I pursued my passion for education.
With no knowledge about cameras or video editing, I embarked on a 3 year journey to build an online business that has served over 30,000 students worldwide.
Along with my career change came major lifestyle changes and an increased awareness for global impact. What started out as a few online courses in baking and pastry has now grown into more earth friendly baking tutorials that are accessible to an even greater number of students.
My goal is to offer an accessible pastry education that is framed around the ethics of equality and sustainability.