The Ultimate Guide to Baking with Chocolate
- 31 mins on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to use the different forms of chocolate in baking
- Understand how cocoa powder is made
- Learn the difference between Dutch-processed vs Natural cocoa powder - when do you use one over the other
- Learn the components of dark, milk, and white chocolate
- Get a recipe for the different types of ganache
- Identify the use of compound and couverture chocolate in cake decorating
- Get a free recipe with step-by-step process to make a one-bowl chocolate cake
- Learn baking tips to keep your cake moist, etc.
- You will need basic baking equipments to follow the recipes provided
Baking is a science, so it's important that you know each ingredient very well. In this course, we will focus on one of the most popular baking ingredients - CHOCOLATE!
Whether you are new to baking or have been baking for a while but have always just followed recipes - without knowing the difference between baking powder and baking soda, difference between natural vs Dutch-processed cocoa powder, then The Ultimate Guide to Baking with Chocolate is the perfect course for you. Achieve better baked goods by knowing your ingredients and using the right chocolate!
In this course, I will cover:
Chocolate 101: Process of Cocoa Powder making from Cacao Beans
Dutch-Processed vs Natural Cocoa Powder
Dark, Milk, and White Chocolate in Ganache
Chocolate Chips, Baking Chocolate, vs Regular Chocolate Bars
Compound vs Couverture Chocolate
Bonus: One-Bowl Chocolate Cake Recipe
Bonus: Baking Tips
- Beginner bakers
- Baking enthusiasts
Learn the process of how the cacao bean is made into the form of chocolate used for baking.
What's the difference between Dutched-processed and natural cocoa powder? When do use one over the other, and are they interchangeable?