GD&T Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Crash Course
What you'll learn
- Why GD&T and a brief history , role of mechanical design and tolerances in the product development process
- Advantages of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing over the +/- system
- Form Tolerances: Straightness of a centerline and of a line, Flatness, Circularity & cylindricity, Profile of a line and of a surface
- Datums, datum targets and datum systems
- Parallelism, Perpendicularity and Angularity
- Concentricity, Coaxiality, and Position tolerance
- axial and radial run-out tolerances
- Specification modifiers: LP GN GX and Complementary specification modifiers: ACS SCS ALS , indicators
- Tolerance zone modifiers: Combined zone CZ , separate zone SZ, Unidirectional Tol. Zone UZ
- Material Condition Modifiers: Maximum material condition, Least material condition
- Basics of technical drawing
Please note: Course IN PROGRESS , New lectures are added weekly
welcome to the GD&T crash course developed by design engineers with years of experience in the automotive industry.
The course for anyone who wants to understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in a simple and intuitive way. This course is ideal for an engineering student preparing for a mechanical engineering degree , Or for an an engineer or technician who sometimes work with technical drawings and wants to master how to read them
We will cover topics such as:
Introduction and advantages of GD&T over the + - tolerance system
Datums , Datum Targets
complementary specification modifiers
Tolerance zone modifiers
Toleranced geometrical element modifiers
Material Condition Modifiers: Maximum Material Condition MMC and Least Material Condition LMC
in the course project you will apply the gained knowledge in the course to add GD&T tolerances to a Piston crank shaft assembly based on the function of each feature of each part!
As well as explaining from scratch what these symbols mean, we will go through the most common mistakes so you can avoid them. You will understand the concepts and test the knowledge with quizzes and assignments.
GD& T is the language of design engineers, come and join us and speak it fluently
Who this course is for:
- Mechanical engineering students, interested in design engineering
- Engineers and technicians who work with technical drawings
- Design engineering enthusiasts
Black Wheel Engineering is a group of mechanical engineers solidified their technical experience in the automotive design field. Through years of working with renowned German automotive suppliers and OEMs designed and developed mechanical assemblies in several premium and luxury vehicles for German and English manufacturers.
our aim is to offer engineering courses that tackle complex concepts in a simple and easy way to arm the future engineers with the solid background they need on their future career
Black Wheel Engineering is a group of mechanical engineers solidified their technical experience in the automotive design field.
Through years if working with renowned German automotive suppliers and OEMs designed and developed mechanical assemblies in several premium and luxury vehicles for German and English manufacturers.
Our aim is to offer engineering courses that tackle complex concepts in a simple and easy way to arm future engineers with the solid background they need on their future career.