The Ultimate Food and Restaurant Business Course
What you'll learn
- 1. The critical importance of cash flow, calculating break even and the 30/30/30 model.
- 2. Why you need a clear concept and USP.
- 3. Why accurate costs & GP’s for all your dishes are essential.
- 4. How POS, reservations systems and other software can make you more money & provide invaluable data.
- 5. Optimal menu design, menu engineering and GP’s both in theory and practice.
- 6. What to consider in choosing a location, what’s in a lease, and preparing a landlord pack.
- 7. The customer and service journey and why it is important to map these.
- 8. The importance of branding & marketing together with social media & websites.
- 9. Why the mantra “Tax Is Not Yours” is essential.
- 10. Start-up costs and overheads including a comprehensive list.
- 11. Sources of funding and their pro’s and con’s.
- 12. How to put together a business plan, financials and plan an elevator pitch for investors.
- Whilst you will find the Course more familiar if you've already got hospitality experience whether in the kitchen or front of house the Course is also great for those starting up.
The Ultimate Food & Restaurant Business Course is aimed at those new to the hospitality business as well as those already operating restaurants, café & food stalls as well as sector investors. The course covers all the key building blocks for launching and running a successful restaurant business. The course will help you identify gaps in your knowledge and significantly improve your chance of success. Critically for you the course has been built by people who know the restaurant business backwards and have been there, done it and got the t shirt!
The 12 video modules cover areas such as your Big Idea & Story, Marketing, Finance, Site Selection, Recruitment & Retention and IT. The course is accompanied by 69 pages of further advice in the form of downloadable resources which together build into a valuable workbook for you to keep and reference.
Well known successful UK hospitality professionals including Will Beckett of Hawksmoor, Sophie Bathgate of Sophie’s Steakhouse, John Wood from Kitchen Cut & Megan Burroughs from Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings have kindly donated their wisdom and advice in short inspirational informative videos. Each section closes with the latest advice from Sam Harrison who opened his third restaurant Sam’s Riverside in Hammersmith, London in November 2019. Over £30,000 has been invested in the Course so far and when students complete at least 20% of the Course we provide access to even more video advice, some covering Sam's experience with COVID and lockdown.
Who this course is for:
- Chefs, Front of House Team, Restaurant Investors, Hospitality start ups, hospitality curious!
40 years of business experience, the last 14 years working with start-ups and hospitality businesses to help them grow.
An experienced start up investor with multiple investments sitting on the Board of two Companies as a Business Advisor.
A Business Growth advisor for award winning consultancy – Advantage Business Partnerships.
Launch Group Chair & Business Mentor for the Princes Trust Charity.
A range of Advanced Business & Finance courses at London Business School and Insead both leaders in their field of business teaching/MBA’s.
Ten years Marketing & PR experience.