Learn To Play The Drums - The Ultimate Drum Course
What you'll learn
- Learn all the parts and functions of a drum kit
- Learn how to setup your drums effectively
- Learn how to tune the drums
- Learn how to effectively hit the drums and cymbals
- Learn to play your first beat and fill through a unique number system
- Learn to play your first song crafted just for you based on what you have learnt
- Learn to understand the importance of drum notation and how to read it
- Learn how to read and play quarter notes, 8th notes, 16th notes and 32nd notes
- Learn about rests and how they work in notation
- Learn how to comprehend and play note value combinations
- Learn and play dotted kicks, snares and rests
- Learn about time signatures
- Learn to play rudiments, which are the building blocks of drumming
- Learn to play single strokes, double strokes, paradiddles
- Learn different kick patterns
- Learn to play popular beats and fills
- Learn to develop your own practice plan
- No music background necessary. You will learn everything you need to know about the drums
- A pair of drumsticks
- A drum kit or something to practice on (like a drum pad)
Hello everyone! Welcome to the 'Learn To Play The Drums - The Ultimate Drum Course', the only drum course you need if you are looking to be a drummer. If you are serious about getting up to speed with drumming, then do enroll! We can't wait to see you in the course.
First, some background!
This course is special in the way that it is taught by 3 drum educators (who teach at the Music Mountain online drum school) and who have been in the music industry for a significant amount of time. Here is some background on the course educators:
- Rudy Malik has more than 25 years of drumming experience which includes being a drum educator for an online drum platform, being in an award-winning band in Asia, touring around the globe for world-class music festivals, being a recording artist for the bands Pop Shuvit and Project EAR, and being a session drummer for artists around the world.
- Ryan Lee Bhaskaran is a professional drummer and educator. His fun and energetic style has enabled him to play and tour with artists from around the world. Having taught students aged 5 to 55, he believes how old (or young) is not a factor when it comes to picking up a new instrument.
-Jimmy Jamz is a drum educator, drummer, producer, and engineer who has worked with some of the finest artists in Asia both in-studio and on-stage. He is also the drumming powerhouse behind progressive-rock band Tempered Mental, and indie outfit Prasasti.
CURRICULUM AND SUPPLEMENTARY REFERENCES
1) A step-by-step curriculum is by far one of the most important things when learning the drums. Studying in an organised manner will have a great impact on your drumming results. Therefore we have exclusively crafted the syllabus/curriculum to cater to all levels of learners. Do browse through the sections to see what we mean.
2) Each video lesson comes with a downloadable pdf that lists references and points from the lesson as well as more exercises that you can follow up on. These documents were crafted with much care and thought. There was a lot of love out into their creation. There are tons of exercises to keep you busy and to help you reach your intended goal of being a proficient drummer.
QUALITY VIDEOS WITH MULTIPLE CAMERA ANGLES
All the videos are filmed in a sound-controlled studio with high-quality cameras, which means, the quality you get from the videos is top-notch. The lessons include professional graphics that assist the learners to grasp a specific concept easier. Drum notations are included in relevant lessons onscreen and have indicators for learners to follow each notation easily. All lessons have been filmed with multiple camera angles which helps the learner see what's happening on each limb.
Lessons are also being added regularly so we are looking at this course as an ever-expanding course. Our commitment to providing learners with more knowledge is our passion and therefore are looking forward to seeing many of you enrolling in our course and be the drummer you want to be!
WHAT YOU GET FROM THE COURSE
3 professional drum educators
Almost 6 Hours of high-quality drum lessons with studio-quality drums. More lectures are on the way as we expand the course regularly.
Over 130 pages of downloadable reference materials which include 360 exercises and examples spread over 50 lectures.
Multi-camera angles from high-quality cameras.
30-day money-back guarantee.
Lifetime access to the course.
If you are ready like we are, let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in taking up drums!
- Beginner, Intermediate to advance drummers
I am an experienced drummer and have been playing the drums for more than 25 years. I am currently a drum educator with Music Mountain where I teach drums online and physical classes. Incidentally, I am also the drummer for the award-winning band Pop Shuvit and Project E.A.R., and have recorded more than 9 full albums as a recording artist. I have toured most of Asia and some parts of the United States. I have had the opportunity to play alongside bands like My Chemical Romance, Incubus, All American Rejects, Neon Trees, 30 Seconds to Mars, Katy Perry, and many more. Recently, we recorded a single and got the opportunity to work with Butch Vig (producer of Nirvana's Nevermind and the drummer of Garbage) on the mix. Still, I am first and foremost a drum educator as I love sharing all my knowledge with anyone who is willing to learn drumming disciplines.