The Ultimate Discord Guide: From Beginner to Expert
What you'll learn
- What Discord is and how the application can be used to promote a company/individual's brand or community.
- How to create a Discord account and navigate through the different discord/user/server interfaces and settings.
- How to setup server channel and role permissions.
- How to use chat syntax and markdown on Discord.
- How to create a Discord server outline.
- How to make your Discord server look more appealing to another person's eyes.
- How you can create server graphics using Canva.
- What Discord bots are and which bots I personally recommend you use on your server.
- Setting up member levels and photo feeds using MEE6.
- How to moderate your server using Dyno.
- Setting up autoroles using YAGPBD.
- How to welcome new members onto your server using Koya.
- How to setup server giveaways using giveaway bots.
- How to create a functional and effective support section for your brand/community.
- How to grow your Discord server.
- What Discord Listing Websites/Servers are and their importance when it comes to growing a community/brand on Discord.
- The importance of paid advertising (in and outside of Discord) as a means to grow your Discord server.
- The significance of server partnerships as a means to organically grow your server over time.
- How your server can take part in affiliate and server invite reward programs to achieve long-term growth over time.
- How you can monetize your Discord server and start making income for yourself.
- Willingness to learn something new.
Hello everyone and welcome to my Udemy course!
The Ultimate Discord Guide: From Beginner to Expert is an extremely comprehensive Discord course that was developed by myself and aims to teach you how you too, can grow a very successful Discord server. Why should you trust me you ask? I have personally used Discord since its inception and have managed to establish, build, grow and develop 3 extremely Discord servers that currently have 51,000, 8,300 and 3,000 members. I have helped friends and other Discord server owners run and establish servers that currently have 100,000+ members or so. In short, I know what I'm talking about and have always loved the idea of being able to share my wealth of knowledge to even more people and companies out there!
You see, I believe Discord is a very powerful tool and when used right, can not only help build up your brand/community, but can also help you generate a bit of money for yourself or your company. YouTubers, Twitch streamers, million dollar companies and other business entities are slowly starting to use Discord as a means of growing their customer base. The best part about all of this is they're no better than you and I as I truly believe, anybody can grow an exceptionally successful Discord server if they're determined enough and are driven enough to do so. Sounds convincing enough? Well, lets get into what this course is going to provide then, shall we?
The main aim of this course is to help give you the confidence needed to not only start your very own Discord server, but to also help establish, build and organically grow your very own server, so that you too, can either choose to monetize it or simply choose to expand your community and/or brand to more people on the interwebs! Thus, in this course, you'll be exposed to some of the following important topics:
What is Discord, why is it important and how is it similar to Facebook and Instagram in a sense
How to create a Discord account
How to navigate around the Discord Interface and User & Server setting sections
How to setup text channels, voice channels and channel permissions
How to setup roles and their permissions
How to make your server more appealing to one's eyes
How to use chat syntax and markdown to make your text look more engaging
How to create a Discord server outline and the important things to plan for when looking to establish a new server
How to use Canva to create server graphics
What are Discord bots, why are they important and which bots do I recommend you to use and for what purposes
How to create an efficient support section on your server
How to grow your Discord server and how you can use different techniques (including paid and unpaid methods) to grow your server organically in the long-run
How to run adverts on your server
How to monetize your server
How I personally managed to grow my server to 51,000 members and what I have learnt through my own set of experiences this far
What are you waiting for? Lets turn you into a Discord guru, it's time to change your life.
Peace and love,
Who this course is for:
- Ordinary people curious about what Discord is and how it works
- Regular Discord users who want to learn more about how Discord works, the services it has to offer and how they can build a successful Discord server from the first time around
- Expert Discord server owners curious about how they can better build their communities through Discord
- Business owners who can use Discord as a tool to build up their physical & online services
- Content creators who plan to build up a community on Discord
Hey there, I'm Saif and I'm 24 years old. I've graduated with a masters in Programme and Project Management and a bachelors in Civil Engineering. I've been using Discord for the past 5 years and have an immense amount of experience when it comes to growing Discord servers as I personally own 3 very large Discord servers. Why settle for anything less? Check out my courses today for quality content that suits your needs.