The Ultimate Beginners' Guide to Handling Finances
What you'll learn
- Know what it takes to build real wealth
- Start earning money with a part-time job or small business
- Know exactly how much to save and spend out of your income
- Know how banks work, and how to make them work for them
- Develop long-term thinking for financial success
- Tell the difference between good and bad debt, and how to avoid the bad stuff
- Know what credit cards are and their pros and cons
- Create a detailed budget in order to achieve financial goals
- Understand tax basics and what it is used for
- Nothing! This course starts you from the beginning and guides you to deeper financial wisdom. All the things you need are here on Udemy.
Learn the essential tools you and all high-school students need when starting out on your journey of earning and using money wisely.
Build A Strong Foundation In Understanding The Basics To Earning And Using Money Wisely
- Find out exactly how much you should save and spend from your income
- Discover the secrets of how banks work and how to benefit from them
- Learn the essentials of tax
- Understand the techniques of how professionals approach money and get rich
- Find out how to start earning money right away with a job or business
- Discover the latest ideas in how to use your money to maximise happiness
- Get free downloadable documents that you can edit right away
Powerful Money Skills That Every Adult Wishes They Were Taught
This course has been designed from the ground up to specifically help high-school students. Too many people aren't taught personal finance skills and have to learn the hard way - by making mistakes. Avoid those mistakes and gain important money skills right now.
This is the first time a course like this has been presented online. It was designed and taught by James to high-school students around Australia, but now you can join in too using this online course. This online version has been built based on feedback and lessons from the classroom version, as well as parents all over the world.
Content And Overview
Suitable for high-school students and adults wanting a skill refresh, this course has 1.5hrs of video divided into 45 lectures. These are bite-sized lectures that each cover a different skill, and a short quiz follows each one so you can check your understanding. The course is designed to be done over a few weeks so you can spread out each of the 8 topics rather than do them in one big hit and end up confused.
Starting with teaching you how the professionals think, we then get into the basics of saving and how thinking long-term is the key to success. We'll teach you the exact amount to save and spend, and the answer is surprising!
Once these important basics are mastered we then go deeper into understanding how banks work so that you can make them work for you. Compound interest is the holy grail to getting rich so we make sure you understand why and how. We'll then cover the art of making a budget and even give you a free template to use yourself.
The power of advertising is covered so that you understand the tricks used and don't fall victim to spending too much of your money on things you don't need.
After this we'll look at how you can actually start earning money right away, because by this stage you'll be super excited to have an income and start growing your tree of wealth. We'll teach you how to get a job like a pro as well as starting a business so you can make a choice and have options. You'll also receive a free resume template to help you get started.
It is vital to understand debt and credit cards before you get trapped by them. We dedicate a whole topic to this so you have a true understanding and avoid the trap. But we also teach you when debt can be helpful.
We'll then cover tax so you aren't surprised by this, and find out what it's used for and the various ways you will have to pay it in your lifetime. Lastly the final topic teaches the latest research on happiness and using money to maximise this.
If at any time you have questions during the course the instructor will be monitoring the online discussions to help you out. At the end of the course you'll receive a verifiable certificate to show the world what a master of personal finance you have become.
So enrol in this course now to learn the secrets that most adults wish they were taught.
Who this course is for:
- This Financial Literacy course is designed purely for school students. It covers all the skills needed when you are just starting out on your life-long financial journey. If you are looking for detailed insights into share market and property investing, this course provides an introduction to those topics, with another specialised course currently being planned.
I am a professional business consultant for multinational corporations in Southeast Asia. I design and conduct workshops to teach middle-level management skills and business communication skills. These are designed to help the corporations maintain consistency across their global operations, and for the employees to progress in their career pathways.
Before this I created and taught business and accounting courses for senior high school (years 10-12) students in Australia for 5 years. These courses focused on teaching pre-tertiary accounting, financial literacy and the skills to start and run businesses. I started teaching through the selective program Teach For Australia, before moving interstate and teaching for a further 3 years.
For these courses and my work I draw my expertise from my Economics education from Melbourne University, where I was also a tutor. I tutored first and second-year Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Quantitative Methods.
I am passionate about all things business and education, and have a postgraduate diploma in teaching from Melbourne University. This is on top of my BA (Economics, Political Science) and Diploma in Modern Languages (Mandarin Chinese). I also speak fluent Tagalog.