Ultimate Acoustic Guitar Essentials - Lessons For Beginners
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 19 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn chords and melodies with three custom written tunes - backing tracks included
- How to build scales, chords and progressions - 3D chord boxes included
- Lead and Melodic Techniques
- How to change strings and tune up
- Fingerpicking Introduction
- Understanding how to build strumming patterns
- Expressive playing
- Access to an acoustic or (electric) guitar
- Some useful equipment such as a tuner and plectrums (described in the course)
- A little patience and a love for music!
- No musical knowledge required
Are you inspired to pick up the guitar, but can't find the right lessons or structure?
Have you tried some basics but struggle to figure out where to go next?
This course is for you! Welcome to The Acoustic Guitar Essentials - Lessons for Beginners.
The guitar is an expressive and versatile instrument that has led popular music for 100 years - from jazz to blues to rock n roll to singer songwriter - the list goes on. I’ve been playing live and in the studio for over 15 years and I still get inspired every time I pick it up. I want you to feel the same way.
Many beginner guitarists hit a wall after a short time of learning, either because of learning out of context - static scales, metronomes, isolated chord patterns - or they learn a handful of popular songs or riffs, and get stuck there after the final tutorial. I know, because it happened to me too.
Don’t let this be you!
My goal is to give you the kickstart that will give you a foundation that you can build upon under your own steam, long after you've finished watching the videos.
We will use Point of View camera angles so you see the videos from the same perspective as you see your guitar.
I will teach you not only the basics of chords, theory and melodic playing, but I will also guide you with lots of tips and tricks to playing with dynamics and control, to make your playing more musical from the beginning.
The Band in a Box are custom written tracks that help you learn - you'll get the full recording as well as the rhythm track only to practice to - playing with a beat no matter how simple will improve your playing and prepare you for playing with other musicians. And more fun than a metronome.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
Master techniques for picking and strumming.
Play melodies and chords smoothly via custom written tunes.
Understand chord shapes, and theory fundamentals.
Know your way around the fretboard without feeling lost.
Have a great head start with dynamics and control to prepare you for the future.
And so much more! Remember. Every string has a story to tell. So grab your guitar and join me to start learning today!
See you in class!
- Beginner players
- Students who have started to learn but hit a wall