The Superboss Playbook for Managers
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Discover the concept of the "superboss" and the characteristics that help them succeed
- Assess your superboss abilities and pinpoint the superboss traits you have and need to develop
- Use unconventional methods to identify and recruit exceptional talent
- Inspire and motivate your team of "chosen ones" by conveying a powerful vision
- Unleash creativity by embracing change, taking risks, and learning from mistakes
- Adopt a master-apprentice relationship with your direct reports to allow for hands-on teaching
- Build high-functioning teams using a combination of collaboration and competition
- Manage a network of your past employees to stay in contact and cultivate chances for further partnership
- There is no prerequisite knowledge or materials required for this course.
- You should currently be a manager or have plans to become a manager in the future in order for this course to be most useful.
Do you want to know how the best managers generate and re-generate exceptional talent? Are you ready to learn how to lead from the best of the best? If so, The Superboss Playbook for Managers is your opportunity to learn the best practices used by top industry leaders to shape unconventional, creative, and high-performance talent.
So what is a superboss? In short, a superboss is a leader who creates other leaders. They have particular characteristics and leadership styles that help them develop talent in ways unlike your average manager. Superbosses are always at the top of their industries and aim to get the best out of the people that work for them, in turn producing other industry leaders. You may recognize the names of some famous superbosses, such as Ralph Lauren, Lorne Michaels, and Larry Ellison, but you don't need to be a household name to be a superboss. ANYONE CAN BE A SUPERBOSS, and this course gives you a step-by-step playbook to adopt the most important superboss practices.
My name is Sydney Finkelstein, and I've been a professor at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College for 25 years. My book Superbosses: How Exceptional Leaders Master the Flow of Talent was the result of a 10-year research project into the secrets of the superboss. I interviewed hundreds of individuals, spanning many industries, but superbosses all have one thing in common - they spawn top-tier talent. I've created this course to give you insight into how these managers work with their employees to achieve phenomenal success and how you can too.
Specifically, this course will cover:
What a superboss is, including the characteristics and types of superbosses
How to determine the superboss traits you currently have and those you can develop
Recruiting exceptional (and often unusual) talent
Energizing and motivating your team using high expectations and an uncompromising vision
Unleashing creativity by embracing change, taking risks, and learning from mistakes
Embracing your role as a teacher and developing your employees using a master-apprentice relationship
Building collaborative and competitive teams and lucrative employee networks
I've also included activities in every section to help you put these lessons into practice immediately within your teams. While the lectures are meant to give you insight into how other superbosses have succeeded, the activities are your chance to start establishing your own superboss identity. Use the activities as stepping stones to figure out which superboss practices work well for you and your team.
I know that this course will not only introduce you to how the best managers lead their teams and industries, but will provide you with actionable tips to start leading like a superboss today. If you're ready to take your leadership and talent management to the next level, please join me in this course!
- Experienced managers who want to adopt new techniques to develop and teach their employees
- New managers looking to learn the best practices for managing high-performance teams
- Aspiring managers who want to prepare themselves with a game plan to successfully lead direct reports
- If you do not currently manage employees or plan to do so in the future, this course is not for you.