The Sun Records Rockabilly Guitar Solos - Part 2
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- play the authentic intros, solos and outros from 9 songs the way they were recorded at SUN Records
- know some more history about the men who invented and shaped Rock'n'Roll
- gain a better understanding of chord shapes and how to derive solos from them
- learn something about how to get the SUN sound
- You should be familiar with some open chords as well as bar chords and some simple melody playing.
- It's definitely an advantage if you know how to read guitar tabs, but it's not required
- Guitar pro or a similar software to read and play guitar tabs would be nice, but I will also provide all tabs in PDF format.
- You obviously need a guitar to play along
SUN Records is often called the birthplace of Rock'n'Roll, it's also the birthplace of Rockabilly. This little studio in Memphis is the place where Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison and many other music stars started their career.
Behind those singers were a group of talented guitarists who didn't know that they would write history by mixing Rhythm and Blues with Country Licks and inventing a musical genre, that changed the world.
If you love the honest, raw and exciting Memphis Rockabilly guitar sound of the 1950s, then this course is for you.
I picked 9 songs and I will teach you the solos exactly how they were played back then.
Split screen technique, tabs and authentic jam tracks in 4 different tempos will help you to learn these solos as fast as possible.
I will also give you some background information to each songs. Furthermore I have added intros and verses to some of the songs as well, so you will be able to play the complete song after finishing the lessons.
The course will start with simple solos and it'll get more complex later on.
Here is the list of the songs featured in this course:
1. Mean Eyed Cat - Johnny Cash
2. You Call Everybody Darling - Kenny Parchman
3. Baby Let's Play House - Elvis Presley, Scotty and Bill
4. I've Got Love If You Want It - Warren Smith
5. Money, Money, Money - Gene Simmons
6. Sweet And Easy To Love You - Roy Orbison
7. Dixie Fried - Carl Perkins
8. Born To Lose - Jerry Lee Lewis
9. Mad Man - Jimmy Wages
- This course is meant for guitar players who have played guitar for at least a year or so.
- They should be able to play simple melodies and chords on the guitar.
- I assume, that you are interested in 1950s rockabilly/rock and roll
- This course is not for you, if you have just started to play the guitar