The Serial Entrepreneur's Guide To Startups
- Courage, gumption, and a willingness to ask questions.
- Strong desire to becoming a successful entrepreneur and innovator.
- Passion and enthusiasm for learning.
- No prior knowledge required.
- You are in the very early stages of starting a business.
Hi, I am Mike Stemple a professional, multi-successful, serial entrepreneur and innovator. I am really excited to make my courses available here on Udemy. It seems like just yesterday I had the opportunity to mentor one of the founders of Udemy as he made his way through Founder Institute, and now I am launching a series of courses on his amazing startup!
Inspirer Mike Stemple, an expert at ideation, innovation, startups, and brand creation, who has built over 20 companies that have grown to be worth $100+ million, for the first time is revealing all the tips, tricks, hacks, and processes he used, and still uses, to rapidly grow an idea into a full fledged business. A sought after speaker and an award winning mentor Mike's teaching style is to the point, based on REAL world experience and at times humorous in his candor and life lessons. Along with his video lessons Mike is sharing his treasure trove of cheatsheets, templates and how-to guides that he has himself built over a 20 year successful career. These documents by themselves are worth thousands of dollars and they are included with each relevant course.
In this introductory course Mike covers the basics of startups and entrepreneurism. He covers what it takes to build a startup and more importantly why you should do it at all.
Here are some of the questions covered:
- Are you ready to be an entrepreneur?
- What do you need to know to be a successful entrepreneur?
- Which traits do you have that can help you be successful?
- What are the basic skills every entrepreneur need?
- How should I envision my company?
- What is a typical day like for a successful entrepreneur?
- How valuable is my idea?
- What are the ways I can make money?
- How can I get into the industry of my idea while keeping my day job?
- What are all the questions I need to be able to answer to be a successful entrepreneur?
- What are the step-by-step things I need to do at the beginning, middle, and end of my startup?
- What are some of the mistakes successful entrepreneurs do NOT make?
- What buzzwords do I need to avoid so I don't sound like an amateur?
Here are some of the topics covered:
- Why I do it.
- What qualities predict success.
- What it means to be a professional entrepreneur vs an amateur.
- Most entrepreneurs are building a non-profit and they don't know it.
- The 3 “P" Skills Every Professional Entrepreneur Has To Master
- A better way to envision your company.
- My daily process “A typical day" What does a founder do?
- Mistakes Professionals Entrepreneur Do Not Make
- The Value Of Ideas
- The 3 Ways To Make Money before Quitting Your Day Job
- 101 Questions a Professional Entrepreneur Must Be Able To Answer
- The Startup Checklist - How to quick start your startup and look professional.
15 Lessons & 16 Downloads
Total: 3h 50m 47s : Min: 3m 48s : Max: 42m 12s : Avg: 15m 23s
Why This Course Is So Unique
I actual TEACH it. Most instructors write up content and use a teleprompter to deliver it, I don't. All my lessons are taught with only notes for my review. I believe the best instructors SHOULD be able to talk about their topics without a script. Because I do not follow a vetted script my lessons take you on a journey. I talk about the real-world success and more importantly the mistakes I made in my companies. I teach each topic off the top of my head because I know the content inside and out. After building 20 companies and hundreds of products I know all the mistakes you can make and will teach you how to avoid them. All my courses also use real-world examples that I ACTUALLY did vs pointing to someones else's success and teaching to it.
Additionally all my courses feature numerous downloads of the ACTUAL files I use to build my companies. I walk you through each one and demonstrate how I use them to rapidly grow my ideas into companies.
And finally I ACTUALLY am the one in the forum answering questions, not some intern or outsourced partner. My responses are sometimes pithy, sometimes funny, sometimes insightful, and always genuine.
Money Back Guarantee
All my courses come with an unconditional, Udemy backed, 30 day money-back guarantee.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to build a solid foundation for a successful startup.
- First-time entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurs starting and growing a business.
- Full time employees considering building a startup.
- People who want to start a business.
- If you want to learn the secrets of how a repeat successful serial entrepreneur does/did it.
- Entrepreneurs who have a business idea and want to know how to build upon it.
- 08:24Mike Stemple - Bio
- 14:09What it means to be a Professional Entrepreneur
- 11:0660 Traits Of a Professional Entrepreneur
- 14:23Most entrepreneurs are building a non-profit and they don't know it. Overview
- 12:52Most entrepreneurs are building a non-profit and they don't know it. Examples
- 14:56Most entrepreneurs are building a non-profit and they don't know it. Take Aways
- 18:25The 3 “P” Skills Every Professional Entrepreneur Has To Master
- 19:35Business Map Cheat Sheet
- 13:17Business Map - Competition Review
- 08:37My daily process “A typical day” What does a founder do?
- 20:14Mistakes Professionals Entrepreneur Do Not Make
- 03:47Buzzwords to Avoid
- 07:13The Value Of Ideas
- 09:09The 3 Ways To Make Money
I have built built over 20 companies that have grown to be worth $100+ million. I am considered an expert at ideation, innovation, startups, and brand creation, I spend my day's now at my company, Inspirer, helping other aspiring entrepreneurs and founders build the company and personal brands of their dreams. I am a Colorado native, a sponsored athlete, a mentor & Director-Emeritus at The Founders Institute, a past governor appointee to The CO Governors Council for Physical Fitness, and a proud veteran of the US Army.
Some of my companies include: Skinit (sold in 2007), Original Wraps (bought by a little company called 3M in 2013), Odojo (bought by SafetyWeb in 2010), nReach (bought by a public company in 2004) amongst others :)
What qualifies me to share my experience with you?
Over the past 20 years I have created 20 companies and made a living building successful companies from scratch. Some failed, but the weight of my success is greater than the weight of my failures. Having taken 1,000s of ideas and distilled them down to 100s of products I have learned what works and what doesn't and have self-taught myself all the aspects of what it takes to repeatedly build successful business.
I am an award winning mentor/coach and through this aspect of my life have found that my message and point-of-view on building startups and brands resonates strongly with my students. My courses came about out of frustration with other so-called mentors/coaches/instructors teaching so much about "launching" a product but not helping students with the whole process of actually building a startup from scratch. How to ideate, how to lay a foundation, how to build a brand.
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER -- PLEASE READ
My courses will NOT automagically "Make You Wealthy in 4 Hours A Week!!!" or help you "Get Rich While Traveling The World" or "Make $4,000 A Week, Part-Time, Doing x " and you should be wary of any who say that they can. My courses are about building an idea into an innovation and that innovation into a sustainable company. It is hard work. Anyone who sells you that it is not hard work, easy, and can be done a "few hours a week" is 1) VERY lucky or 2) lying to sell you a course.
After building 20 companies I KNOW it takes hard work, both mentally and emotionally, but the results are noting less than incredible. I want you to experience the pure joy of working hard on an idea and watching it grow into something that generates so much wealth it pays for countless vacations, weddings, pregnancies, college tuitions, and on and on for your teammates that join you. I want you to feel what it is like to live an extraordinary life and build exceptional things. Will you get rich taking my courses? Maybe. I have done ok with the advice, skills, and guides in my own courses, and I will do my best to help you as well.
So in summary what qualifies me to share my experience with you?
I have done it 20 times, and will probably do it 20 more. I have PROVEN success & experience (checkout out my Linkedin profile). I believe I can help you and am willing to give you all that I know, the secrets, the cheatsheets, the how-tos, all of it. All I ask is that you have the COURAGE to begin, that you are open to being INSPIRED, and that you BELIEVE that you are worthy and capable of joining me on this extraordinary journey of building your own amazing startup. I will do my part, now it is up to you.
Here are just a few of my successful friends testimonials:
"Mike is a visionary who applies his many talents in ways that inspires other leaders." - Adeo Ressi or Founder Institute
"Mike is one of the most inspirational people I've ever known. If you need ideas, he's your man. If you need UI design thoughts, he's your man. Now that I think about it, if you need any sort of help, he's your man!" - Brad Brown of Intelivideo
"Mike has a continuous stream of ideas that he has repeatedly developed into successful products and companies. He has a proven track record and is one of the best innovators I've ever known." - Mark Geene of Cloud Elements
"Mike is an idea machine. He is not only a proven serial Entrepreneur but he has a methodology to make innovation a repeatable process. When I'm looking to do my next thing, Mike is on my short list of people to call. Mike is also a world-class communicator. His keynote speech about his personal story is one of the best I have ever heard." - Jim Franklin previously of SendGrid
"Mikes courses are hands down the best I have ever taken! I was blown away by how much I learned. I am starting an eCommerce website and I have almost no technical experience, but Mike breaks it down perfectly and sets you up for success from the start (he even sets you up to sell and exit). He shows you so many tricks and hacks that I was never aware of. Going through Mike's courses is like having a mentor and coach right by your side through every step of the process. He takes time to answer your questions, he teaches you how to save money, which is always great for new entrepreneurs with little cash flow, and he makes the complicated aspects uncomplicated. Because of Mike I am now confident in my ability to build something that I am proud of and that can generate significant revenue. I am not only recommending him online, I am recommending him to my friends and family - that is how much he has helped me." - Nina Parr current student