The steam cracking process - Petrochemicals / Oil and gas
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Comprehend the basic differences between petroleum refining and petrochemicals
- Understand the basics of the steam cracker process
- Identify the basics of the different building blocks of petrochemicals
- There are no pre-requisites for this course. We will walk through the petrochemical processes step by step
This petrochemical training course is designed to give you an insight into the chemical processes, plant operations and economics of a steam cracker plant.
The training course examines the intricacies of a petrochemical steam cracker plant and breaks them down into core building blocks whose concepts will be explained in a clear easy to understand language.
So whether you are an operator, an engineer, a newly-hired or a support personnel working in a petrochemical plant or simply you are looking for a better understanding of this stimulating field, then you’ve come to the right place.
The course is organized into 6 sections :
PETROCHEMICAL ACTIVITIES OVERVIEW
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
ABOUT STEAM CRACKER PLANTS
THE STEAM CRACKING PROCESS
A TYPICAL STEAM CRACKER PROCESS
The course also contains notes that you can download and where you find the most important things to remember. It’s like Cliff Notes for books, but for steam cracking. Everything you need to know about process schemes, layouts, feedstock characteristics and properties, products, economics and much more...
What makes me qualified to teach you :
I hold 2 chemical engineering degrees from the "Ecole Nationale Supérieur de Chimie de Paris, Chimie ParisTech" and the "Institut Français du Pétrole, IFP School", 2 of the top tier chemical engineering schools in Europe with a major in refining and petrochemical processes.
For the last 10 years I have been working as a chemical engineer for an international oil company where I have taken on different technical challenges in petrochemicals manufacturing, petroleum refining, logistics, planning and business analyses.
What's next ?
If you are interested in other topics related to chemical engineering or to the oil and gas industry, and would like a training course on them, built the way this current course is, then please let me know.
So that you are aware, we are in the process of building the following courses :
Overview of the petrochemical industry 2/3 : Making polymers (PE, PP, PS, PVC)
Overview of the petrochemical industry 3/3 : Other petrochemicals (Benzen, Xylene, Toluene, Styrene, Cumene, Phenol...)
Crude oil refining
Logistics of crude oil, petroleum products and chemicals : Transport and despatch
Storage of petroleum, chemicals and LPG
Oil and Gas : History, markets, pricing, economics and petroleum products
Distillation, absorption and stripping : Engineering basics and equipment
Heat transfer technologies : Process furnaces and heat exchangers
Rotating equipment basics 1/4 : Centrifugal pumps
Rotating equipment basics 1/4 : Positive displacement pumps
Rotating equipment basics 1/4 : Centrifugal compressors
Rotating equipment basics 1/4 : Reciprocating compressors
Valves and piping in the Oil and Gas
Fundamentals of process control used in industrial plants
Process instruments used in industrial plants
General inorganic chemistry
IR and NMR spectroscopies
and much more...
So with no further ado, go ahead, click the enroll button and we will see you in the first section !
Spread the wings of your knowledge
- Students in chemical engineering, refining, petrochemicals...
- Newly-hired refinery or petrochemical plant personnel and current semi-technical personnel who require further training
- Engineers (chemical, petrochemical, petroleum, process...)
- Refinery or petrochemical plant operators and technicians
- Support personnel of an oil or petrochemical company including maintenance, logistics, supply chain, sales, marketing, quality...
- Other support staff who have an interest in increasing their understanding of petrochemicals
- Non-technical professionals assigned to positions in petrochemical plants
- Business development managers, corporate planning professionals and business analysts switching disciplines who are required to have a better understanding of this stimulating field
- Energy industry journalists and reporters
- Professional personnel such as legal, banking, insurance, finance dealing with oil supply, petrochemicals, refining and transportation
- Anyone seeking to broaden the sphere of his knowledge and discover the petrochemical industry