The SQL Primer Masterclass 2023
What you'll learn
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of SQL and BigQuery, from basic syntax and queries to advanced data manipulation and retrieval techniques.
- Master essential SQL skills such as subqueries, Joins, Common Table Expressions (CTEs), Window Functions, and the effective use of nested and repeated structure
- Incorporate best practices in SQL, including code formatting, aliasing, filtering, commenting, and more, to write clean, efficient, and professional code.
- Apply learned concepts in real-world scenarios, practice SQL commands, functions, and operators through exercises, and analyze data to derive insights from an A
- Learn to employ advanced SQL features such as Window Functions, template SQL with JINJA, and understand the importance of 'DRY' (Don't Repeat Yourself)
- No prior knowledge of SQL or any other programming language is required. We'll start from the very basics and build up.
- An interest in data analysis: This course is perfect for those who are curious about data and how to extract valuable insights from it.
- Willingness to Learn: A key prerequisite is a can-do attitude and a readiness to learn new concepts and practice them through the exercises provided.
Welcome to The SQL Primer Masterclass. SQL skill is the most in-demand skillset required for someone who is working with data or is interested in starting a professional career in Data & Analytics field.
First question an interviewer ask is “what is your SQL level?”. In 'The SQL Primer' course we'll take you from the basics to advanced concepts, ensuring you gain a deep understanding of SQL. Our goal in this course is to help improve your SQL knowledge, expose you to real life example to help you understand how to apply SQL knowledge in various scenarios. We have lots of exercises and quizzes to help you learn and get interview ready.
Starting with an introduction to SQL and BigQuery, you will learn about the basic structure of SQL, how to write queries, and essential syntax. As you progress, you'll discover the various SQL commands, data types, and functions that help manipulate and retrieve data efficiently.
Understand the important topics like Joins, Subqueries, Common Table Expressions (CTEs), Window Functions, Nested and Repeated Structures, and Data Build Tool (dbt) with ease. Additionally, we cover string functions and SQL operators that can enhance your data manipulation capabilities.
You'll also learn best practices for SQL, providing you the know-how to write clean, efficient, and effective code.
By the end of the course, you'll be well-equipped to handle any SQL-related task and make data-driven decisions confidently. Ideal for beginners and those looking to refresh their knowledge, 'SQL Primer' is your ticket to mastering the language of data."
Who this course is for:
Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Data Analyst, BI Analysts, Analytics Engineers
Anyone working with data and want’t to improve SQL skill
For data professionals who wants to get a refresher on SQL
Students or recent graduates who are looking to get a job in a Data field
Anyone who is interested in Analytics or BI Career Path
Who this course is for:
- Beginners interested in learning SQL from scratch: If you're looking to start a career in data analysis, database management, or data science, this course provides a solid foundation.
- Professionals looking to upskill: If you're already in the tech industry but want to add SQL to your toolkit, this course will take you from basic to advanced concepts efficiently.
- Students studying computer science or related fields: This course is a great supplement to your academic learning, helping you to better understand and apply SQL concepts.
- Business Analysts and Marketers: If you're dealing with data in your current role and want to derive more insightful information from it, this course will teach you how.
- Aspiring Data Scientists: SQL is a key tool in data science. If you're planning a career in this field, mastering SQL will be invaluable.
Rahul has 10+ years of experience working in BI & Data warehouse field. His expertise & specialisation is in building Analytics & BI solutions. Throughout this he has created various applications using Python to build web applications and to automate data solutions or using API to create embedded reports to enable custom visualisations.
Rahul has experience various BI solutions such as Looker, PowerBI or Tableau. He is also a Google certified Professional Data Engineer and Professional Data Architect.
Rahul has a passion for trainings and enjoy conducting workshops to companies.