The Six Sigma Yellow Belt Toolkit-(ASQ BoK Aligned)
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand and apply 28 Six Sigma Tools to:
- - Lead group decision making and problem solving
- - Analyze data to identify trends and opportunities
- - Analyze processes to identify improvement opportunities
- - Identify and analyze relationships (people and process)
- - Discover root causes of problems
- - Clarify business and customer requirements
- - Apply data collection tools to support fact-based decisions
- - Organize information and tasks to maximize efficiency
- Identify opportunties in your current environment to utilize the tools learned; including helpful phrases to use to introduce the tool.
- Use effective language on your resume to showcase your skills
- Learn how to build a professional network to continue your Six Sigma learning journey and to build your expertise in the field
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Excel Data Analysis ToolPak (free add-in) to complete charts taught in this course
- Readiness to practice new skills by leading others in a real world environment
*New section on building a professional Six Sigma network added 11/2018
The only Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course that also focuses on applying your learning to boost your resume!
Compare our free previews to other Six Sigma Yellow Belt courses on the same topics to experience our difference and value!
Feedback from our students that prove we are making a real difference for them in their jobs and professional skill development journey:
"It was really great. The tool template and the resume booster is real helpful. Earlier I had to prepare Pareto Chart using all calculation for my company and now, I could easily make it with the template. Same way, new tools can also be used in same way (ex. Run chart I used recently)."
"This was a great overview of Six Sigma Tools for Yellow Belt. I am using this course to help me prepare for the Black Belt certification. I've already been trained for Green Belt with my company, but found being able to rewind or replay components of the lecture to be helpful. I also liked the quizzes and the summary of knowledge learned. Great job!"
Learn to use Six Sigma tools and improve your leadership skills!
This course is an excellent starter to encourage you to pursue further education or certification in Six Sigma. However, just learning and applying the tools is enough to make a difference in your skillset immediately.
If you have already started to pursue the Six Sigma certification process, this course will help your learning by giving real life examples and experience in using Six Sigma tools and helping to boost your resume before and after your certification.
In this course you will learn to apply 28 tools used in Six Sigma process improvement efforts. Understanding and/or application of these 28 tools is required to attain the Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification through the American Society for Quality (ASQ). These basic tools are easy to understand and apply, while at the same time, they will help you to develop in-demand workplace skills, including; decision- making, problem solving, leadership and much more.
This course starts with a basic and brief overview of Six Sigma to give you a context of how and why these tools are used in Six Sigma projects. The course then provides instructions on how to use each of the 28 tools, supporting you in building your skillset. The second section of the course focuses on helping you to broaden your experiences by providing guidance and examples of how to utilize some of the common tools to lead a team. The final section of the course focuses on boosting your resume by providing you with guidance on how best to showcase your experiences with Six Sigma tools on your resume.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt candidates who want to enhance their study and put their learning into immediate practice
- Individuals who want to learn and apply basic Six Sigma tools
- Individuals who want to build their skillset with in-demand skills
- Individuals who want to broaden their experiences through application of Six Sigma tools
- Individuals who want to boost their resume with examples of effective decision making, data analysis, problem solving and group facilitation skills
After completing the this course overview you will recognize that this course was designed for individuals looking to improve their leadership skills with an in-demand skill set. You will understand that this is not an average Six Sigma course. This course provides guidance on how to broaden your experiences in a real world environment and how to showcase your new skills on your resume. You will also gain a basic understanding of the background of Six Sigma. Additionally, you will understand how this course is organized to help Six Sigma Yellow Belt candidates to supplement their learning in preparation for completing the Six Sigma Yellow Belt exam.
After completing this lecture you will understand what brainstorming is and why it is the most commonly used tool in Six Sigma. You will also understand the key considerations to facilitate an effective brainstorming session; preparing you to successfully apply what you've learned in a real world environment.
After completing this lecture, you will understand the information provided from creating a run chart and how that information can help you recognize when to take action or draw conclusions.
After completing this lecture, you will understand the purpose of a relations chart and how it is used to identify cause and effect relationships between multiple factors. You will also learn how to create a relations chart.
In this lecture you will learn how to complete an X-bar and R control chart. You will also learn key control chart terminology and the two types of variation.
At the end of this lecture, you will be aware of the tools available to support you in effectively identifying opportunities to apply the skills that you have learned from this course in the real world.