Learn the Secret of Successful Color Mixing for Painters
What you'll learn
- At the end of the course, you will be able to confidently mix any color you need.
- Learn how color works.
- Learn how to create bright and muted versions of any color.
- Learn how to easily match a color, and be able to mix it in your palette.
- You will need a basic set of eight colors that are very common: two reds – cadmium red & alizarin crimson; two blues – ultramarine and cerulean; two yellows – cadmium yellow and lemon yellow; and two earth colors – burnt sienna and raw sienna, (or yellow ochre).
Have you ever wondered why you can't mix the right green or brown or purple? Why it all goes horribly wrong or muddy, or why you end up in frustration? This course will help you never to feel like this again!
The course is for anyone who paints in watercolors, (or in oils or acrylics), and who wants to learn an easy and very effective way of color mixing. In the course I teach a simple way to take control of your colors and to create the right color every time. For many painters the choice of colors is overwhelming, and painting can take on a 'lucky dip' approach in the hope of finding the right color. This often ends in muddy looking or overworked pictures. This course will help teach you how many professional artists mix their colors and get the right color every time!
You will only need eight colors in your palette, and from these I will show you how you can mix any color you like. I'll show you how the paints work together and how you can create paintings that will always harmonize and look great. The colors you need are two reds – cadmium red and alizarin crimson; two blues – ultramarine and cerulean; two yellows – cadmium yellow and lemon yellow; and two earth colors – burnt sienna and raw sienna, (or yellow ochre).
The course will lead you step-by-step along an easy path to success. You will learn how to mix wonderful greens, oranges and purples, and from these to create stunning browns, grays, and beautiful neutralized muted colors. You will create a number of color strips that will act as a handy reference for any future painting, helping you to get the exact color you require. We will use these to paint some pictures and there is a final exercise that pulls it all together.
If you would like to you can watch a couple of the videos from the course free, by clicking on the Preview button in the curriculum below.
Or why not take this course now and learn how to control all your color mixing, to save money on paints that you will never use, and to be able to produce any color you need in any painting. This has to be at the core of any painters toolbox!
And the course is 100% risk free - there is a 30 day money back guarantee if you find it is not what you are looking for. So why wait? Enroll now and improve your paintings today.
In the course I demonstrate with watercolors, but the same color mixing techniques apply equally to acrylics or oils.
Who this course is for:
- The course is for anyone who paints but has trouble getting the right color. It does not matter if you paint in watercolours, oils or acrylics, the same basic principles apply. I’ll teach you these principles and the right method for getting the right color every time!
- So if you get in a muddle over colors, or your paintings become muddy or dull, or perhaps you just want to understand more about how color works in a painting, then this course is for you!
I have taught painting for many years, both in adult education classes and also over the internet. Through my online courses I have taught thousands of people to paint since 2005. I have lead a number of painting holidays in the UK and overseas, write regularly for Leisure Painter magazine in the UK, and for a short time I was an instructor with Derwent Pencils. For five years I worked in ceramics, painting large tiled wall murals to commission.
I am originally from England, but now live in southern Spain with my lovely wife and two dogs.
My interest in painting goes back to my childhood, and I have learned throughout my life the skills and ideas that have kept me in employment and which I now hope to pass on to you. I love working in watercolors and gouache, and also in oils and acrylics. Each of these requires a different way of working, but I always aim to keep my paintings lively and fresh. I always want to convey something of the heart to anyone looking at my paintings.
The exercises and painting projects in my courses have all been thoroughly tested over time and proved to work well, and I am constantly amazed at the speed at which students improve. I hope you enjoy learning with me!